Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nice car...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Carzone seem to have a lot of rubbish in there. Its their way of getting hits as people on forums (like this) link to them for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ha! Its down as "green". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

kbannon wrote:
    Carzone seem to have a lot of rubbish in there. Its their way of getting hits as people on forums (like this) link to them for a laugh
    doubt it... I know CBG did it once but carzone haven't, call the seller and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

haha, what a laugh. i dont know if that comes from the website themselves or if somebody is maybe airing a private joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lunar99

It's not a private joke, it's a public one! I think it's art.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lunar99

steve06 wrote:
    doubt it... I know CBG did it once but carzone haven't, call the seller and see...
    What was it cbg did? I don't remember seeing that.

They linked from the add back to this thread :)

"CECI N'EST PAS UNE AUTO" is a reference to a surrealist painting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

But they got that wrong :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 george_o

ronoc wrote:
    They linked from the add back to this thread :)

"CECI N'EST PAS UNE AUTO" is a reference to a surrealist painting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

But they got that wrong :rolleyes:

I think the reference is a play on words - if you call it a car does it make it a car, or in advertising, how they're selling us an image of a product rather than the product itself, but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 45,786 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nice bit of advertising for Boards.ie......

Tauren wrote:
    Nice bit of advertising for Boards.ie......

But isn't it against advertising?

• Advertisement

lunar99 wrote:
    What was it cbg did? I don't remember seeing that.
    got some photos of a LHD BMW M3 that were floating around the net, it was wrecked with paint etc and they reversed the pics so it was RHD, then advertised it for €1 and said in the comments something about b*stard husband cheating etc... wife selling the car cos it was in his name... bal bla, it was on the radio ect and they admitted that it was a hoax!

Haha, Just got a call from Carzone and they're removing it and refunding me my money. Don't know why they're so annoyed. I just wanted to give people a bit of a laugh and maybe get them thinking. Funny most people thought it was an advertising stunt when it was supposed to be a take against it. back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,786 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

george_o wrote:
    But isn't it against advertising?
    i dunno, whatever the point of it is, there is a nice link to this very thread.

EDIT: or at least there was, the item has been changed now.

george_o wrote:
    Haha, Just got a call from Carzone and they're removing it and refunding me my money. Don't know why they're so annoyed. I just wanted to give people a bit of a laugh and get them thinking but obviously carzone.ie is just for selling stuff, boo hoo. Funny most people thought it was an advertising stunt when it was supposed to be a take against it. back to the drawing board!
    get people thinking about what? a bit of wood.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

george_o wrote:
    Haha, Just got a call from Carzone and they're removing it and refunding me my money. Don't know why they're so annoyed. I just wanted to give people a bit of a laugh and get them thinking but obviously carzone.ie is just for selling stuff, boo hoo. Funny most people thought it was an advertising stunt when it was supposed to be a take against it. back to the drawing board!
    ...and just wait until your mother sees her credit card bill!

I'm hear on the grapevine that the people in Carzone found it very amusing and it might still be there if you hadn't gone for the Sunday Times ad.

Seems to be green now, maybe there is some truth in advertising.

steve06 wrote:
    get people thinking about what? a bit of wood.....

Well some people just have no imagination!

Thats a pity about Carzone and the Sunday Times ad, my yearning for exposure was my downfall! But seriously, it would have been funny "Car of the WeeK"!

Seems to be green now,[/url] maybe there is some truth in advertising.[/QUOTE]

Deadly.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

steve06 wrote:
    got some photos of a LHD BMW M3 that were floating around the net, it was wrecked with paint etc and they reversed the pics so it was RHD, then advertised it for €1 and said in the comments something about b*stard husband cheating etc... wife selling the car cos it was in his name... bal bla, it was on the radio ect and they admitted that it was a hoax!
    Didn't the indo use up most of its page 3 on this - IIRC they managed to speak to the owners - lying dumbasses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marymac99

kbannon wrote:
    Didn't the indo use up most of its page 3 on this - IIRC they managed to speak to the owners - lying dumbasses!
    I'm sensing anger towards them!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

marymac99 wrote:
    I'm sensing anger towards them!?

The indo deserves anger anyway! I can't read it anymore. D'examiner FTW.

I don't get the joke in these ads at all. Maybe it was an add for a yellow Alfa and a picture of a lemon.... I'll be off now. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement