Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Credit Card Transactions?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi All,

I would like to beginning selling products on my website.
    To do this I'd like to enable credit card transactions. I don't want to go down the paypal route as to be honest as I think this puts a lot of people off as they have to sign up.

Can anyone out there help me with names of companies I should look out for who could hep me do this?

Thanks everyone,

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

DMAC wrote:
    I don't want to go down the paypal route as to be honest as I think this puts a lot of people off as they have to sign up.
    Nobody actually checks before making that statement: no they don't, haven't done for ages.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Worldpay (www.worldpay.com) might we worthlooking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Paypal is fine to start out with.

If you are doing volumes then moving to Realex is a good option

An interim solution is 2Checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Justt wondering, if you were doing it by the book, wat kind of trading licence would you need to sell online. Its something ive been thinking of getting into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Nolimits wrote:
    Justt wondering, if you were doing it by the book, wat kind of trading licence would you need to sell online. Its something ive been thinking of getting into.

Just register the business name and yerself with the companies office and the revenue as a sole trader to begin with. If selling goods, you'll need to also register for VAT. There's no actual "trading licence" required. Open a seperate bank account for all business-related activities. And get an accountant, if you ask around someone will know someone who is qualified to do your tax returns for you for a modest sum each year.

To the OP: most small traders use PayPal these days, and it's easy enough to set up. I've done it for a few companies, PM me if you want more info. If the business takes off, RealEx are your best option, but they're too expensive for small volumes, they're more orientated to higher volumes and values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boa-constrictor

My wife has an online business and we chose AIB and Realex after being let down badly by Bank of Ireland and Euroconex at the 11th hour.

We thought that Paypals fees were extortionate and also it doesn't look good on a site - it smacks of cheapness (ironically).

Advertisement