Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems With Marketing!

Options
  • 07-02-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,
    As you can guess by my title, I'm really struggling with the Marketing Masters here at DIT, I don't come from a Business related background but thought I'd find the subject easier & the topics are going way over my head!
    Can anyone give me some tips or recommend some books or something? Or some advice from anyone in a similar position before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MarketingFan

Theres a marketing radio show you should sign up for, its very accessible and easier than alot of marketing books and it def helped me with getting my head round marketing practically, the website is http://www.persuadersonline.com, or if you rather read stuff there is a newsletter service you can sign up to at http://www.thepersuaders.libsyn.com which I'd recommend! Also the show is presented by A DIT lecturer!
    Hope this helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

I know the show you're talking about, I did PR so it actually was a great help showing how the industry works so signing up to the podcast will def help you! Or the newsletters if you REALLY need the help (like myself!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Interesting that the host isnt a part of the school of Marketing. Thats DIT for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boardsbeginner

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, i have since gotten the first newsletter & listened to this podcast you recommended and it IS a great help so far, i like the way the show deals with real life issues not covered in the boring academic lit. Who cares if presenter not in the marketing dept, Im glad he is a DIT lecturer it makes the show all the more approachable! Its also great to know who the big names are in business, should come in handy in future I hope!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

LOTP wrote:
    Interesting that the host isnt a part of the school of Marketing. Thats DIT for ya.

Alex Gibson does teach Marketing as far as I know.
    Its cool they made it in podcast format though, otherwise I prob wouldn't have subscribed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

Yea ALex Gibson is the head of Tourism Marketing in DIT (based in Cathal Brugha Street). He was our year head and does know pretty much all there is to know about marketing!

Advertisement