Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Wireless Broadband any good?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I just wanted to know if wireless broadband is any good. Im thinking about getting it from digiweb or net1. Is it any good for gaming? At the moment im using isdn. Im planning on using an ethernet cable to connect my pc to the router.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

really depends on what package and where are you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Benzino wrote:
    I just wanted to know if wireless broadband is any good. Im thinking about getting it from digiweb or net1. Is it any good for gaming?

It really depends on what provider you go for and what product. In general ping times on wireless are better than DSL, but it really depends on your provider.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I have some friends here using Digiweb wireless and it seems to be grand for games. However when I was there last (couple of weeks ago), web pages seemed to be going very slowly or not at all. No trouble playing games though, and they were getting decent latency with UK servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thanks for the replies.

Im thinking on get the Net1 Pro package clicky

Have any of you used net1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I saw the title of this thread and thought to myself: "Oh, better go post that it's fine for general use (browsing, e-mailing, downloading, uploading, etc) but cr@p for gaming". But that's my personal experience with IBB. I was around 200 metres from the mast and all! But it was simply atrocious for gaming (ping was up and down like a whore's knickers!)...

• Advertisement
Advertisement