Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Way Out

• 07-02-2007 3:54pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The card so far :

HBK & Cena vs Taker & Batista
    WWE tag team title ladder match, Hardys vs MNM vs Taylor & Regal vs London & Kendrick
    Kane vs King booker(added this week on SD)
    Also some diva talent show with all divas 4rm Raw,SD and ECW(added this week on SD)

I think it looks like a good ppv . looking forward to the ladder match cause i never seen the Other one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the top 2 matches.

By the way, your Heidenreich autograph is on the way! I completely forgot about it until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

^^^^^cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm looking forward to the event, because they seem to be getting things a bit more right now, and I'd like to enjoy WM. I'm not sure why they have to have this ladder match though. I really don't think the first one was as good as some say, it was more that the people watching it weren't expecting it and were pleased to have it. But overall, it was a pretty poor match, and worst of all it left one of the participants with a serious injury and most of the rest very sore. They don't need to have matches like this to entertain the fans. Plus, if they do have a Money in the Bank match at Mania, that's a good few ladder matches they're puttin out. And why not replace Taylor and Regal with Deuce and Domino?! They've beaten the champs, have they not? So why should these 3 teams, only one of which is actually on SD, get title shots before them? I just find it a little unnecessary, and I wouldn't like to see any of them getting seriously hurt this close to WM

The reason they have the ladder match on the card is ppv buys. Simple as that. They had a really good match last time and they want to capitalise on its reputation.

I'd agree that they are going a little over the top with ladder matches lately though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think the whole match is out of place tbh, it was a great bonus at Armageddon, but I think Deuce and Domino challenging London/Kendrick would make better sense. That said, I haven't seem D/D wrestle yet, so I dunno if they are any good, but the tag title ladder match makes no sense at all. Just after WWE impress this week with a few good RAW's and SmackDown!s, this happens. :rolleyes: I sense a total remake of Armageddon, although I hope i'm totally wrong.

[QUOTE=Minto. That said, I haven't seem D/D wrestle yet, so I dunno if they [/QUOTE]

Do not stay in to see Deuce and Domino wrestle! They are horrible. But they have wonderful entrance music.

Haha, I haven't seen them yet, but I have a feeling that I'll really like them when I do

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, I haven't seen them yet, but I have a feeling that I'll really like them when I do

Their gimmick is fun. But God they suck in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

We have seen this ladder match before so whats the point? If they made it a TLC then maybe. WWE are seriously devaluing ladder matchs by having them so offten. There was one at armageddon, one on raw a few weeks priviously flair and edge in a TLC a few months before that. It should be a once a year deal and only when a fude lends its self to the type of match up not just to beef up a ppv card that you know wont sell cus the main events a freakin tag match

• Advertisement

f up a ppv card that you know wont sell cus the main events a freakin tag match

I think No Way Out will sell ppvs with that tag match as a main event. Not monster numbers but I think it'll do better than last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't like these interpromotional matches, especially in the main events, this is the second smackdown ppv in a row that has had John Cena in the main event.

I'm generally a fan of the brands being split into raw and smackdown, and despite being hamstrung from the start, smackdown has come into it's own. Everytime the main event features a raw wrestler it completly undermines the hard work been done, and diminishes the brand split.

I would've liked to have seen something different to the ladder match, even if it was only to throw in the teachers pets and that 50's team instead of the hardys and mnm. I think this would ultimately, have been healthier for smackdown. But as it is, I hope the hardy's or MNM win the titles and are exclusively on smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

What are the odds on Mercury doing the same "spot" again??
    Pretty good id imagine.

Except that he'll jump out of the way this time, only to be smacked in the face by Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Laddermatchkilled!
    The pointless 4 way ladder match has been taken off the card, instead Deuce and Domino will get a title shot against Londrick.
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/nowayout/exclusives/laddermatchkilled

There's alot of talk about how bad D&D are, but god, they're a hell of alot better than the Highlanders or Cryme Time. I just hope they dont take the titles, instead have a showcase match at WM (TLC 7 or whatever might be on the cards).

Hahaha, I think this was all just done to get heat on Deuce and Domino. I like it! I saw them on SD at the weekend, I didn't think they were too bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This ppv went from "should be good" to "I don't care" with another spastic descision by Stephanie McMahon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Apparently the reason they called off the ladder match is beacuse Vince wanted the Hardys and MNM to compete as single wrestlers from now on!

about time too!

The Nitro/Super Crazy fued is so crappy compared to the Hardys/MNM. Stupid idea really.

• Advertisement

The latest reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is that Nitro lost clean to Crazy last week as punishment for going out with Melina, as she isn't very liked backstage. So stupid

The lesson is that if your not Triple H or Stephanie, don't go out with anyone else employed in the company.

The lesson is that if your not Triple H or Stephanie, don't go out with anyone else employed in the company.

Yeah, see poor CM Punk jobbing to Kevin "Charisma" Thorne on the house shows for another example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yeah, see poor CM Punk jobbing to Kevin "Charisma" Thorne on the house shows for another example.

I know, poor CM, stuck with Maria, poor poor :rolleyes: CM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

World Heavyweight Champion Batista & Undertaker vs. WWE Champion John Cena & HBK
    batista / taker to win

Chris Benoit & The Hardys vs. MNM & MVP ----dont get this match, ah, the good guys to win.

WWE Tag Team Championship
    deuce & domino
    ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Mr. Kennedy
    lashley to win ( SD fastest rising star will not go to ecw)

Kane vs. King Booker
    kane, his video is out

Diva Talent Invitational
    ashley, she is on playboy soon.

Cruiserweight Open
    davari or the ecw guy

Finlay & Little Bastard vs. Boogeyman & Little Boogeyman
    finlay to lose i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

That spanner Micheal Cole! This week on SD he said:
    "Blah blah blah blah of what happened last night on Raw".

Every two minutes before that he was saying "Here on Friday Night Smackdown!"

What a muppet!

raw wa on thursday night in the states.

Who's in this cruiserweight open thingamajig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

triple h wrote:
    raw wa on thursday night in the states.
    what he said, Raw was taped and shown on thursday so whatever way you look at it, monday taped raw and tuesday taped SD, or thursday broadcast raw and friday broadcast SD; Cole was right, raw was last night to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gillie wrote:
    That spanner Micheal Cole! This week on SD he said:
    "Blah blah blah blah of what happened last night on Raw".

Every two minutes before that he was saying "Here on Friday Night Smackdown!"

What a muppet!

well that post doesnt show you in the best light does it

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Their gimmick is fun. But God they suck in the ring.

their gimmick is not fun. its symptomatic of the bull**** we've been subjected to lately. what a great turn around though with all these face/face rivalries but deuce and domino= velocity material. go challenge duggan and viscera or somebody.

I like their gimmick, though I have only seen them the once. It's a better gimmick than a lot of the ones they've put on SD

forbesii wrote:
    their gimmick is not fun. its symptomatic of the bull**** we've been subjected to lately.

I think the WWE hasn't been subjecting us to too much bull**** lately.

Deuce and Domino are what they are. Just sit back and enjoy their entrance music!

I think the WWE hasn't been subjecting us to too much bull**** lately.

Deuce and Domino are what they are. Just sit back and enjoy their entrance music!

I agree 110% with vince here.

Double C wrote:
    Who's in this cruiserweight open thingamajig?

Gregory Helms, Daivari, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Wang Yang, Scotty Too Hotty, Funaki, Jamie Noble & Chavo Guerrero

Might aswell keep predictions to this thread, here it goes:

Batista & Undertaker vs. John Cena & Shawn Michaels
    - I think Batista & Taker will win this one!

WWE Tag Team Championships
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c) vs. Deuce and Domino

As much as I hate to see L&K lose the titles, I think it may happen tonight...but I hope they don't, just continue and develope some sort of better feud first!

ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Mr. Kennedy

-Lashley

Kane vs. King Booker
    -Booker for the win!

Mixed Tag Match

-Not too sure about this match. Suppose to have been made to help Boogeyman in the ring. Possibly Boogeyman to win?!

Chris Benoit & The Hardyz vs. MNM & MVP
    -MNM and MVP, possibly start of a feud with Benoit

Cruiserweight Open for the Cruiserweight Championship
    Gregory Helms (c) vs. Jamie Noble vs. Daivari vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Shannon Moore vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Funaki vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

-I'd like to see Wang win it but they haven't really set it up, so I'm gonna say Helms to retain.

Some sort of Diva talent show too...another excuse for Divas to take off their clothes :rolleyes: and for Jillian to mock Brooke Hogan even more :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

No Way Out looks like it could be a suckfest, hope not and hopefully it will be a good build up to Mania 23

Batista/Taker over Cena Michaels - I'd be shocked it they put over Raw wrestlers on a Smackdown PPV

London/Kendrick over Duece/Domino - Can see this fued continuing after the match, may end up in DQ but I'm confident London/Kendrick will still have the belts

Bobby What's His Face over Kennedy - Forgone conclusion, I hope Kennedy loses because I'd hate to see him on ECWWE

King Booker over Kane

Finlay and Little Bastard over Boogeyman/Ickle Boogeyman

Benoit/Hardy Boyz over MNM and MVP - talk about throwing a match together for no reason but it should be a decent match

Helms to retain title in Cruiserweight open

Batista & Undertaker vs. John Cena & Shawn Michaels
    Batista and Taker to win. Are the titles on the line here? If these titles went to SD that would allow some TLC carnage match at Wrestlemania with the winners going to Raw.

WWE Tag Team Championships
    Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c) vs. Deuce and Domino

Londrick to win allowing the TLC carnage match! But if the Raw tag titles aren't for grabs in the main event, maybe D&D might win. That would be crap though.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Mr. Kennedy

Lashley, but why is this on the card?

Kane vs. King Booker
    God I don't know! ...Booker I suppose.

Mixed Tag Match

Cant wait to see little Boogeyman! I'd say team Boogey are gonna win.

Chris Benoit & The Hardyz vs. MNM & MVP
    This is kinda like the Finlay/Boogeyman feud, the good wrestler trying to teach the not so good wrestler how to work. MVP to get a sly pin on Benoit to start the feud, and MVP's education.

Cruiserweight Open for the Cruiserweight Championship
    Gregory Helms (c) vs. Jamie Noble vs. Daivari vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Shannon Moore vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Funaki vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

Personal preference is for Noble to win, but its between Helms and Yang as the rest suck apart from Chavo, but he doesn't need the title.

Batista and Taker to win. It's not for the tag titles

London and Kendrick to retain

Lashley to win obviously

Booker to win

The boogeymen to win

MNM and MVP to win

And Helms to retain, new champ at WM. Shannon is on ECW, and Scotty's on Raw, aren't they? They can be ruled out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

This is a hard PPV to perdict for me, so I won't even try. Hopefully, its as good a PPV as the last SmackDown! PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

HBK & Cena to win.

Ahough I woud ike to see ondon & Kendrick retain, I think they will lose the titles

Lashley to win as I cant see the tite going to Kennedy or Kennedy going to ECW

Kane to beat Booker, beacuse of the release of the DVD

I'd ike tosee Finay beat Boogeyman, hopefully he will.

Hardyz and Benoit for the win.

I think helms will stay champion at least untill Wrestlemania. Is there ony 8 guys in this match, I would have though they might put Nunzio and at a stretch Super Crazy into it. Nunzio hasnt got anything going on for him on ECW now at all. Scotty is back with Smackdown, his profile moved back over there in the ast 2/3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

whichever team wins the main event, both those guys will lose at wrestlemania

Fozzy wrote:

And Helms to retain, new champ at WM. Shannon is on ECW, and Scotty's on Raw, aren't they? They can be ruled out

Apparently Scotty is back to SD after his 2 week stay on Raw (or should I say Heat!) his profile is on the Smackdown page. Moore's profile is still on the ECW page.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    whichever team wins the main event, both those guys will lose at wrestlemania

But the partners in the tag match are facing each other, so one of them would have to win at Wrestlemania

Good event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was decent enough but no stand-out match like last year had with Angle and Taker.

Lashley had a bad night I thought. I guess some comments from fans got to him.

Finlay/Boogeyman wasn't great but I popped for the Little Bastard rolling down his sleeves.

I won't spoil any results but I was surprised at the finish of the main event. That match was quite good though I was surprised Cena got so much stick. Why favour Batista over him when Batista hasn't had a good match in years?

One more thing - the crowd sucked donkey balls I thought. LA crowds tend to be dead, ever notice that? I recall when the ECW revival was gradually taking place last year that the LA crowds were mostly dead.

A New York/Chicago/Toronto crowd would have been great tonight and would have made the show more special.

Yeah, I was going to say something about the crowd. They weren't very loud for the first match, they popped for one of the Hardy's moves, but they went absolutely dead after Benoit hit a diving headbutt
    I thought Kennedy did very well. He had to carry another champion at a ppv, which is ridiculous in itself, but he did better than most would. Lashley's entrance video actually says "soft-spoken" in it.. 6 man tag match was a lot better than most 6 man tags aswell I thought. And I thought Vinnie Jones was an Austin fan?! Haha. We'll probably see Beckham the next time they're in LA

That's the first time that I've heard a crowd boo Cena since I started watching him again, about 2 months ago I think. The LA fans are probably just behind in the times

Fozzy wrote:
    That's the first time that I've heard a crowd boo Cena since I started watching him again, about 2 months ago I think. The LA fans are probably just behind in the times

Maybe they bought the marine dvd recently.

1-6 as far as the predictions go, not so good! It was a decent show overall, Kennedy impressed me alot, tbh I haven't see all that much of him. Lashley did get a bit of a doing from the crowd, who were poor throughout. I popped for Little Bastard every time I saw him, he's perfect with Finlay. The Cruiserweight Open was grand enough, hopefully Chavo will put someone over at WrestleMania. Something had to give with the 4 good guys in the title matches so Batista's heel turn makes sense. This way he can lose to Taker and then scuttle off into oblivion without anyone caring.

Holy god the Condemned looks watchable! Austin and Vinny Jones should be good together and the Battle Royale concept will make it entertaining as hell. Wonder who'll win though... :p

Edit: Oh bollix I forgot about the spoilers, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

thanks for including a spoiler with your post.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone watching it through Sky Digital last night think that the picture quality was below what it usually is? Seemed Kinda smudged unless they were doing close ups.

• Advertisement
Advertisement