Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Way Out

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Anyone watching it through Sky Digital last night think that the picture quality was below what it usually is? Seemed Kinda smudged unless they were doing close ups.

It was kinda fuzzy from the start of the main event, that's the only time I noticed it anyway.

Thought it was a decent enough PPV. Enjoyed the first match and the cruiserweight open. Agree about the crowd being dead, heard one or two people shouting boring during one of the cruiserweight matches! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

spoilers within

that crowd sucked,even at wrestlemania 21 which was in the same buidling they were dead for most of it,maybe people from LA are just hard to please,did anyone heard that fool chanting "boring" about 2 minutes into the title match? jesus give the guys a chance! i marked for jimmy wang yang winning the title but i dont know why the announcers acted like chavo was a surprise entrant considering his pic is on the website on the card for the match,lashley just plain sucks,i thought he was gonna be the new lesnar but he uses about 3 moves a match,batista just need to go away he like a new version of the ultimate warrior,cool entrance,power moves,cant sell,cant wrestle,his ONLY good match was that hell in the cell he had with hhh 2 years ago,glad london and kendrick retained would love to see them in a ladder match with the hardyz,divas are a complete waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

3 people of the night last night are, i reckon.

1) ashley---i said that she looked great in a frock last week, i changed my mind after last night, she looks better with no cloths on at all.

2) kennedy-- ( SD's fastest rising star) he is funny on the mic and he can wrestle.

3) J B L----person of the night, cole was clearly sick and was not able to talk much, JBL stepped up a gear and covered for cole and a good job he did too.

first of all , i would like to say that jerry the king lawlor is good at his job, but i dont think jerry would be able to step up a gear if JR was sick, the coach would be able too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JBL did a great job, it seemed as though Cole got the call to shut up near the start of the main event, JBL covered the rest of it himself. Probably couldn't have been a harder match for him to call either, seeing as he's a heel and all the participants were faces. I was only saying to my mate last week about all the times Cole used to lose his voice years ago. I agree about the Coach, he's a great commentator when he gets the chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    I agree about the Coach, he's a great commentator when he gets the chance

Not great in a Gordon Solie or Jim Ross way.

As an interviewer or a mini character he's good. On colour he's fine. But as a play by play guy, I don't think he's anything but average.

He never came across as credible or legitimate which is key when your trying to get what you need to get over in that role.

He's great on Heat though. He'd play the face commentator on Heat and the heel commentator on Raw back in the day. Although the couple of times I've watched a Heat match recently, it seems like he doesn't pay as much attention to the actual match anymore, it's all about focusing on the Raw feuds

Coach should be promoted to General Manager, he already is in all but name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Aside from a pretty good main event I thought No Way Out sucked big time. Ok the crowd were awful but I didn't feel the wrestling on show gave them much to shout about.
    I was caught surprised by Batista's heel turn (just by the timing of it), if anything I expected confrontation to be between Cena and Michaels but I thought it was booked well. Good performance from all except Batista, for the first time ever I was annoyed at the crowd booing Cena... what is happening to me!The bad: I thought the 6 man tag was quite sloppy and didn't get going until Benoit came in at the end. The Cruiserweight open bored me for some reason as I love the cruiserweights, I felt they blew a good opportunity not putting the belt on Jimmy Yang.
    Lashley was horrific to watch as usual, its unfair to put all these weak guys on Kennedy who isnt exactly full of experience himself but credit to Kennedy he keeps carrying them through. I cant hardly remember or cared much about the rest. I'd give a 2/5 for the show.

I thought the 6 man tag was the best on the show. I loved it, so often they mess those sort of matches up, but they got it down real well last night, just flowed like a match should

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I thought it was an average event until the Booker T and Kane match, which i really enjoyed for its physicality. Kennedy will have to take time off soon for a damaged back as he's carried two huge men recently all the way through matches. The main event was excellent in my opinion. Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker continue to defy the years. Also, It's worth remembering Michael's is working through a great deal of pain at the moment.
    The Batista heel turn had to happen to facilitate an interesting storyline in the run up to Wrestlemania. I would have been surprised had it not taken place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

lads just typing spoiler doesn't work, if you are putting in spoilers use the tag as follows without the spaces, [ spoiler][ /spoiler]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thought the Main Event was very decent!

JBL earned his money that night! Brilliant commentry!

Advertisement