Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband to Kilworth (North Cork)

Options
  • 07-02-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First post !

I was wondering if anyone anywhere could enlighten me as to when broadband will be available in North Cork - specifically Kilworth. Are there any options at the moment? I am not interested in paying over the odds for poor satellite connections.

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Well i'm from near kildorrery and i know someone who has it but it must be from sattelite.Its like 99 euro a month and 200 euro to install from Digiweb but there are others that might be cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

According to Minister Dempsey's site www.broadband.gov.ie there is a wireless provider called C Tek available in Kilworth.

According to it they offer a HomeUser, 1MB symmetrical Up & Down for €30 a month.

They also offer a business user package for €40 a month with 2MB up &down. I know nothing about them and it seems they don't have a website only an email and premium rate contact number. Could be dodgy but worth checking none the less; perhaps enquire around to see if anybody is using it and ask to see the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

I saw somewhere else a press release with 100 new exchanges to be be ebabled in 2007 - Kilworth included. I rang eircom but they " couldnt comment on the schedule". Does anyone have any idea when they plan to do this?

Advertisement