Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Suck ass

• 07-02-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I spent $150 for an annual Setanta Broadband Sub this weekend, just checked to see what time I need to take my lunch today to watch the game, and they're not showing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

did they advertise the match on the broadband service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://na.setanta.com/

On Setanta Premium whatever that is.

i think that is Setanta for pubs and clubs. not 100% on that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Mossy Monk wrote:
    did they advertise the match on the broadband service?

TBH i didnt look i just assumed as I had all the PPV showings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Assumptions is the Mother of all F*ck up's
    Not sure why you can complain Setanta don't have the game TV3 have it. Setanta for pubs might have it but thats not a service for general public.

• Advertisement

woodyg wrote:
    Assumptions is the Mother of all F*ck up's
    Not sure why you can complain Setanta don't have the game TV3 have it. Setanta for pubs might have it but thats not a service for general public.

TV3 isnt available in the United States, where the op is

what was that you said about assumptions? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Mossy Monk wrote:
    TV3 isnt available in the United States, where the op is

what was that you said about assumptions? ;)

I'm well aware TV3 isn't in the states but surely ya can't complain for forckin out a wad of cash on somethin you don't check!

woodyg wrote:
    I'm well aware TV3 isn't in the states but surely ya can't complain for forckin out a wad of cash on somethin you don't check!

i agree but to say that it is on TV3 has no bearing whatsoever on someone who is living in the United States, where it is being shown by Setanta Premium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Mossy thanks for your words of wisdom, woody I hear ya fella but yes I'm in Florida, when you pay for a premium product with all the PPV events included you'd expect this sort of game to be in the line up not France V' Argentina, which been an exciting fixture all the same. Setanta is an Irish sports Broadcasting company this should be taking for granted when the national team are playing.

How the hell I'm i going to be able to not view the score for 36 hours until its shown at 9:30 pm tomorrow. Twats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Setanta is an Irish sports Broadcasting company this should be taking for granted when the national team are playing.

So is RTÉ and, well yeah...ahem...nothing shown their either. Believe me, if you paid $150 to see Ireland play San Marino, thats a big waste of money. I feel sorry for the fans over there right now. To put it into perspective, Im going back to study instead of watching second half.

• Advertisement

good reason for RTÉ not showing it Mushy, TV3 got the rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

good reason for RTÉ not showing it Mushy, TV3 got the rights

Oh I know, Im not even complaining too badly bout it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Guru,

thank your lucky stars you didn't have to watch that sh*te. We are seconds away from the worst result in our football history, failing to beat a team 195th in the world; and then Steven Ireland toes pokes it into the net.

Stan was asked after the game if he would have considered his position if we hadn't won. His answer: "no, absolutely not" :mad:

It would have just spoiled your lunch anyway.

Advertisement