Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda with attitude

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

ambro25 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's her alright. Nicely done Luckycharm :)

(If there ever is a-) next time: ask her full particulars (badge no. , name, station she depends from + take her panda's reg details) on roadside, so you can lodge a formal complaint, as well as fighting it in Court ;)

I take it you have encountered her- have no intention of been pulled over anytime soon :) Will not be using any bad language though as they tried to pull it totally out of context and added the F word (lesson learnt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Yeah.

I did get her to eventually calm down/tone down a bit, and drop the B$ pretenses she stopped me under, through remaining entirely unaffected by her ranting behaviour + not raising to the bait even a quarter of an inch (= making sure I portrayed "utter unimpression", really :D)

'Bit like you would do with a very young kid, really...

(her problem... is that (i) I have been driving longer than she's been walking, never mind law-enforcing, (ii) I have already dealt with her 'type' in many other countries more often than I care to remember and (iii) am entirely unfazed at being stopped by police (none of this "OMG it's the Guards quake in your boots" reflex which too many people still seem to have in this country, for all the wrong reasons, and which many a Guard plays on intentionally) ;)

PS - I know the above probably makes me sound far too cocky for my own good etc., but note that if *say* I've been stopped because I dropped one (speeding or whatever), then I'd take my medicine and not whinge about it. I'm only aggrieved by authority types on an ego/power trip, not by what they represent or the job they do - which is admirable, let it be said.

ambro25 wrote: »
    Yeah.

I did get her to eventually calm down/tone down a bit, and drop the B$ pretenses she stopped me under, through remaining entirely unaffected by her ranting behaviour + not raising to the bait even a quarter of an inch (= making sure I portrayed "utter unimpression", really :D)

'Bit like you would do with a very young kid, really...

(her problem... is that (i) I have been driving longer than she's been walking, never mind law-enforcing, (ii) I have already dealt with her 'type' in many other countries more often than I care to remember and (iii) am entirely unfazed at being stopped by police (none of this "OMG it's the Guards quake in your boots" reflex which too many people still seem to have in this country, for all the wrong reasons, and which many a Guard plays on intentionally) ;)

PS - I know the above probably makes me sound far too cocky for my own good etc., but note that if *say* I've been stopped because I dropped one (speeding or whatever), then I'd take my medicine and not whinge about it. I'm only aggrieved by authority types on an ego/power trip, not by what they represent or the job they do - which is admirable, let it be said.

So did you get a ticket in the end? As I have said before if I got pulled over for speeding etc then I would have taken my medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Congragulations Luckycharm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Luckycharm wrote: »
    So did you get a ticket in the end? As I have said before if I got pulled over for speeding etc then I would have taken my medicine.

Yeah, and I took my medicine (she got lucky :cool: I deserved it, but t'was nothing to do with what she'd stopped me for ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Been reading along with this one for ages, glad to see it had a happy end.
    Congrats mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

What is it with these over-excited guards (no offence to the women bikers here but in my experience it's always women guards who are like this, like they have a point to prove or something).

Myself and my MOTHER had a run in with a pair of these clowns not so long ago. It was none of their business and they eventually went packing but not before making complete plebs out of themselves. Later the same day had dealings with 2 male guards about the same thing and the mother remarked how much more reasonable they were, and they were.

I've been pulled over once on the bike.........by a female guard who demanded to see my licence which she clearly couldn't understand (it was restricted and I was on an obviously big bike which she passed no remarks on as she furrowed her brow looking at the licence).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Congratulations Luckycharm! I'm delighted it all worked out in the end for you! ;)

One thing I did learn from my 2 appearances in court- 1st one was adjourned if you challenge it and are generally apologetic the Judge looks favourably on you- half the battle is actually showing up. I would say 70- 80% of the cases were struck off. I was half tempted yesterday to ask to swear under oath as some of the stuff she said was so far off the mark!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Nice work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Nice one Luckycharm, well done, although you should not have been forced to go through all BS in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

You said you got away without a conviction. Did you get away without a fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If the garda that spoke with you was unprofessional, aggressive or harrassing you, then you could pursue a charge of misconduct against her. I'd bet they'd change their mind about the fine/points after that...far less hassle for both sides to back down.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread and seen the conclusion....congrats!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Paparazzo wrote: »
    You should have told her she should be out catching real criminals, then asked her what's her problem is, was having her period? They love that!
    QUOTE]

+1
    Funniest thing ive seen in ages!

groom wrote: »
    You said you got away without a conviction. Did you get away without a fine?

Yep no fine, no points, no conviction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yamahaman

glad u didnt get punished... in future u shud just keep quite wen pulled and reply yes or no and look scared, always ask for the gardas name and badge number, i dont think u did anything wrong just sum cops take out ther bad day on ppl who are just in there way. even if they are the ones in the wrong just shut it, yes guard, no gurad, three bags full guard.. let the bitch feel like queen of the road..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

By jove Marty, the De'lorean is back in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

KamiKazi wrote: »
    By jove Marty, the De'lorean is back in action!

Hahaha :D Was gonna say something but ya beet me to it.
    Think he got the DNA for this thread from a mosquito trapped in amber :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

yamahaman wrote: »
    glad u didnt get punished... in future u shud just keep quite wen pulled and reply yes or no and look scared, always ask for the gardas name and badge number, i dont think u did anything wrong just sum cops take out ther bad day on ppl who are just in there way. even if they are the ones in the wrong just shut it, yes guard, no gurad, three bags full guard.. let the bitch feel like queen of the road..

Great fist post on Boards.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement