Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Tattoo Kanji

Options
  • 07-02-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

[URL="http://grainypictures.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Hi all

Years ago i got a bit of kanji tattoo'd on me, so i think the time has come for me to finally find out what it says.

I was told it was my initial's but as we all know they don't translate that way and having been to Japan 3 times now I think I should sort it out

Any one got any ideas?

Many thanks

Joe Dunne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yeah even with a limited knowledge of Japanese I'd say that there's no way it could be your initials.

Have you considered whether the pronounciation would actually be something similar to your name - jo-du-ne (not sure if there is a jo or du sound in Japanese). If so it might make it a little easier to look through a kanji dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Dodgy indeed.

KYO
    agaru - to rise up, to become prosperous
    ageru - to raise something, to bring up a topic
    kozoru - to assemble things/people together

TOU
    higashi - east

Rising East?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Above post probably comes closest. They definitely dont make a proper Kanji together anyways.

Advertisement