Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is €22000 alot for Madza 3 1.6 diesel with 47k miles

Options
  • 07-02-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

As it says boys.

The GF is looking at a Mazda 3 2005 1.6 diesel from a Mazda dealer.

She has the car till 8 to night.

What is your honest opinion

I think its too high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

What trim and spec does it have? I assume it's not a comfort, since you could get a brand new one for just over 2 grand extra.

The list price for a brand new Mazda3 1.6D 90ps 5dr COMFORT is €24,245.00

the Mazda3 1.6D 110ps 4dr TOURING goes up to €26,995.00

extra for metallic paint, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

quick search on carzone threw up these two

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=571661

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=588362

ok so both a wee bit dearer but they are a year younger and a lot less miles

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it seems way too high unless there are a lot of extras, with that many miles and equivalent of 2 years old, it should be at least 25-30% less than what was paid for it. which would have been list price less 5% or so. so if it was the 24,2450, i'd say 19 would be ok, but still not cheap...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

event wrote:
    quick search on carzone threw up these two

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=571661

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=588362

ok so both a wee bit dearer but they are a year younger and a lot less miles

and they are both the touring model too. it really all depends on the spec of it i guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

my company lease all there vehicles through lease plan, they would not even quote me on a Mazda 3 as the depreaction is too much. so im getting the cmax 1.6 tdci active in 2 weeks:D the mazda was top of my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that seems awfully expensive to me. you'd get a new Auris diesel for a few hundred more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

pm. wrote:
    my company lease all there vehicles through lease plan, they would not even quote me on a Mazda 3 as the depreaction is too much. so im getting the cmax 1.6 tdci active in 2 weeks:D the mazda was top of my list.

understand that, but a diesel Ford isn't going to exaclty be a nugget of gold, either.........I'd have thought a Jap car would have had better residuals.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

phutyle wrote:
    What trim and spec does it have? I assume it's not a comfort, since you could get a brand new one for just over 2 grand extra.

The list price for a brand new Mazda3 1.6D 90ps 5dr COMFORT is €24,245.00

the Mazda3 1.6D 110ps 4dr TOURING goes up to €26,995.00

extra for metallic paint, etc.

The Mazda 3 diesel was only available with 110bhp until late last year whereas now it is available in both 90bhp and 110bhp plus the 3 got a facelift and trim upgrade in Dec 2006 so it is difficult to compare the new one against the OPs one. Saying that I would shop around and see what other dealers are asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sorry guys for the late reply.

Its was 5.30pm last night when i posted and had to go, as herself had the car outside.

It was a Mazda 3 1.6d Touring. Black, cd player air con NO alloys all electrics.

After a long talk we agreed that it was too expensive, she really likes these cars and will think about getting one in the future.

I have to say the 1.6 Diesel engine is a gem.

Thanks guys for the replies. I thought it was too expensive myself.

This is one car will definitely think about buying second hand in a couple of years.

Can i say thanks to the guys at Doran Motors, they where very friendly and more than helpful and i will definitely be seeking to buy my next car with them (if we can haggle on price). They let my girlfriend take the car home with her for four hours, not something I see many dealers doing.

Fair play, good customer is what I think is missing with alot of dealers these days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote:
    that seems awfully expensive to me. you'd get a new Auris diesel for a few hundred more.

Would you want one though?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

This ad was on the Buy and Sell. Seems more reasonably priced, although it is a private sale.
    Mazda 3 TDi 1.6L 2005, Munster Cork €15500.00
    32k mls, 4 dr, saloon, manual, met, silver, ABS, a/c, a/b, alloys, CD, c/l, colour coded, e/m, e/w, fsh, p/s, 086-8*****4

What was the 1.6 TD like to drive? Would like one of these myself but the diesels are a llittle too new for my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Shes going to clear off her car loan first and go to the dealers with cash to get a better price in a couple of months time.

Theres plenty of cars out there, that a good one always comes along at some stage or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Judging by sales of the Corolla over the last 41 years, alot of people probably will. It is a bit drap to look at but no worse inside or out than the Focus or Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh No! Auto Express gave a Toyota a bad review?

How unlike them to do that. :rolleyes:

Advertisement