Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SQL backup/restore 64 to 32bit.

• 07-02-2007 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a problem with a MySQL database trying to backup a from a 64 bit OS and restore to a 32bit.
    When I backup using MySQL Administrator on the 64 bit OS it all goes like clockwork but when I copy the file to my 32bit OS and attempt a restore it fails miserably.
    When I analyze the file it seems fine and it restores fine on the 64bit.

I've googled this on numerous occasions but no luck. Anyone know if I need to have some sort of converter for this or any advice on what i'm doing wrong?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What kind of restore are you doing? Is it just from standard text .sql files, or is it some other form of backup?

Does the MySQL administrator give any actual errors or just say "failed"? I would try to use some other GUI (or the command line client) to do a restore to a dummy database, and see what errors pop out.

Taking an extremely blind guess here, I'm going to say that MySQL is 64-bit aware and created the tables using some form of engine which is only available/only works with a 64-bit OS. So when you're running the backup onto the 32-bit install, it's trying to create a table using an incompatible/unavailable engine type.

Should be simple enough to fix - Search/Replace using a text editor.

Advertisement