Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spring is about to sprung

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I hate this time of the off-season. It seems so close but it isn't. It's been away so long that I've forgotten why I love it. They start to play games that look like the real thing, sound like the real thing, but aren't! People start garbing on about Spring Training stats as if they made THE slightest bit of difference.
    Johan Santana could go out and give up 80 home runs in ST, and I'd still put my house on him being in the top three for Cy Young voting.

Anyway, it all seems to right itself by the start of April and I'll be in front of the computer at 7:05pm CET on the 2nd to Roy Halladay tear the Tigers apart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MogwaiFearSatan

zuutroy wrote:
    I hate this time of the off-season. It seems so close but it isn't. It's been away so long that I've forgotten why I love it. They start to play games that look like the real thing, sound like the real thing, but aren't! People start garbing on about Spring Training stats as if they made THE slightest bit of difference.
    Johan Santana could go out and give up 80 home runs in ST, and I'd still put my house on him being in the top three for Cy Young voting.

Anyway, it all seems to right itself by the start of April and I'll be in front of the computer at 7:05pm CET on the 2nd to Roy Halladay tear the Tigers apart!

true, true for established players but ST is good for filtering the dross from the new acquisitions. look at last year for the red sox, it certainly sorted out Hanson V Papelbon as to which pitcher was mentally ready for the big leagues (not that hanson is dross but he most times on the mound he did look like he was one pitch away from busting into tears).

Anyway, my tickets arrived in the post yesterday so i agree, the quicker April rolls around the better. Heres one of the games :P

Blue Jays at Red Sox
    Thursday, 7/12/07
    at 7:05PM EDT
    Bleacher

Section Row Seat Price Type
    37 2 8 $23.00 Web Sale

37 2 9 $23.00 Web Sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ooh nice, right after the allstar break. Will probably be Schilling vs. Halladay...maybe Matsuzaka is he turns out to be an ace.

Advertisement