Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW Ideas

• 07-02-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Just watching the videos from ECW this week, after watching the end of the RVD Vs. Elija Burke match, I had a thought and if Vince was half the genius he was in 98/99, he would have it too. Bring Heyman back to TV leading the ECW Originals and have them trying to have matches on 'The New Breed's TV time and have the New Breed trying to stop them etc. etc. I think it would be a great way to boost interest in ECW and a great way to keep Heyman from TNA. Also, they could do a New Breed Vs. Originals match at WM!

Any way, this is really just some ramblinigs on my part, but it would certainly by a good way to re-energise the ECW brand. Anyone else got any ideas how to fix ECW?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

you mean some sort of.... invasion angle? its genius! not even the wwe could screw that up....ughhh wait a minute.
    what is paul up to nowadays? is he still on the payroll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Minto wrote:
    Just watching the videos from ECW this week, after watching the end of the RVD Vs. Elija Burke match, I had a thought and if Vince was half the genius he was in 98/99, he would have it too. Bring Heyman back to TV leading the ECW Originals and have them trying to have matches on 'The New Breed's TV time and have the New Breed trying to stop them etc. etc. I think it would be a great way to boost interest in ECW and a great way to keep Heyman from TNA. Also, they could do a New Breed Vs. Originals match at WM!

Any way, this is really just some ramblinigs on my part, but it would certainly by a good way to re-energise the ECW brand. Anyone else got any ideas how to fix ECW?

I think it's a good idea but they seem content to just pay Heyman and leave him out of the picture. I think they've given up on the brand to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

No Paul Heyman was let go as far as i know. He didn't like the way ECW was going. As far as the New Breed Vs The originals goes, it's an nice idea but it's been done to death and what would happen if one side were to win (New Breed for example). Then there would be only them left and ECW would go even further down. But just thinking about it, When is the last time there has been an extreme rules match? I think the old ECW is beyond saving. So it wouldn't really matter anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

b0bsquish wrote:
    you mean some sort of.... invasion angle? its genius! not even the wwe could screw that up....ughhh wait a minute.
    what is paul up to nowadays? is he still on the payroll?

It's not an invasion angle, cos we all know it was screwed up before. Its more of an old ECW trying to claim back their show kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stalfos wrote:
    No Paul Heyman was let go as far as i know.

I thought the same as yourself, but read recently that he is still contracted to WWE if, for no other reason, to prevent him jumping to TNA. It isn't beyond possibilities that Heyman could return in an on screen capacity as Vince has had much worse falling outs and opened the door back up, plus Heyman seems like he puts these sort of things behind him and can work with people he may not get on with.

Its not a bad idea either, but from what I have read, Vince has lost much faith in ECW and is only keeping it going so as to have a vechile to make Bobby Lashley credible (is that possible?:p ) but primarily becasue of their contractual obligations to Sci Fi.

A Mick Foley stint on ECW with soem old school promos could really shake things up a bit.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Let RVD, Sabu and Tommy Dreamer loose so they can show what they can do. (Not going to happen :confused: )
    Push CM Punk as a genuine star (Instead of jobing him to your "Teacher":( )
    Bring back Heyman and give him creative control (not going to happen as Vince would never let anyone upstage him:mad: )

Advertisement