Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail/Hotmail on Nokia N70

• 07-02-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Ive just got the Nokia N70 on o2 as an upgrade.
    Im having a bit of trouble setting it up to run off of my Gmail account.
    When i set it up all i was asked for was the email address, user name and password which i filled in.
    When i try to check new emails or send emails nothing happens. I dont recieve any Error message or anything like that. It says its connecting via "o2 wap gprs(01)". Then that message leaves the screen and thats it. Nothing else.
    Has anyone managed to get gmail working on this handset.

And does anyone know if this can also be done with hotmail. I know it cant be done with free accounts but i was stupid enough to pay for my one on hotmail plus so im hoping there is a chance.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I have not managed to access my hotmail account (Paid account) from my Nokia N70 as of yet but i have found a beautiful little App from Gmail that i have working perfectly on the phone.

For anyone interested visit the following site on your N70.

http://m.gmail.com/app

It will pull up a gmail log in screen but we dont want that. At the top of that screen it has a link that says "want faster gmail - click here".
    Select the link and the phone will proceed to download the Gmail Phone App.

Im guessing that everyone is already well aware of this but just in case some of you N70 users are not its a must have.

I have not tryed it on any other phones so i dont know how that works but worth trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ncoi

To access hotmail from your phone you will need the incoming mail server from hotmail as far as I know you can only get incoming mail server if you are subscribed to hotmail plus.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Ncoi wrote:
    To access hotmail from your phone you will need the incoming mail server from hotmail as far as I know you can only get incoming mail server if you are subscribed to hotmail plus.:)

Yea im subscribed to hotmail plus - 6 weeks later they give a 1 gig inbox to everybody :(

Any idea what the mail server is?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

For Gmail you need it active from within your Gmail account, in case you weren't aware.
    Also check out these Gmail settings - http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287&hl=en_GB

Advertisement