Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T.v.

Options
  • 07-02-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Where would one get a Philips tv repaired.
    Its not long out of guarntee but the tube needs to be replaced. Would get it repaired if not very expensive.
    Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

If it needs a tube, then I'd say you'd be better bringing it to the recycling centre.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Are you sure the tube needs to be replaced? Our telly went blank last year, brought it to a fella on the junction of Harolds Cross Road and Sundrive (beside AIB), he fixed it good as new for around 70Euro i think. But he charges a certain amount up front, regardless of whether he can fix it, because its takes time to evaluate. If you describe the problem to him, he'll probably give u a fair idea if its a lost cause or not.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Has somebody experienced told you that the CRT was faulty?

While it wouldn't surprise me if it was faulty being Philips, it may not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

I have been told any Power city store will repair TV's For €50. give them a call and see. But if its its a CRT tube it may be cheaper to just buy a new TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

its cheaper to buy a new 1, also you have a more modern yoke, if anything else goes then your a lot of lids down

• Advertisement
Advertisement