Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs.ie - Gangsters R Us ?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 8:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered a 7900GS from them and paid €13.50 for shipping, they automatically calculate shipping costs when you checkout. But i discover today that my package was not sent registered mail?...what the hell?

For €13.50 you'd assume registered, especially for such a high value item, so how can they prove it's been sent?....how can they prove it got delivered?, how they prove it has/could not have been lost?

Add to that i find they don't offer ANY phone support at all, you have no way of communicating with them or then the chat service on their website and email...how crap is that?

Has anyone had problems with Dabs.ie?, if so did they sort you out?...because these things above make me rather worried...it's not like An Post can be trusted or anything, remember that lorry that went up in flames and only registered mail was given compensation?

Dabs tell me they'll "investigate" on their end with Royal Mail if something gets lost?.......LOL!, Royal Mail will tell them to jump in a lake, if it dosen't have a tracking number it CANNOT be traced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I'm confused....did you receive your item yet or are you waiting for it to arrive?

I've used Dabs a few times and always got a tracking number from them once the item shipped. Always turned up a few days later and required a signature on delivery.

Just my experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is it not the case all packages have a tracking number reven if only standard post? Because it costs more to send? So the big difference is that it will only be insured with registered post.. at least here... remember royal mail the UK and it might be different.. not sure.. look up their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If it gets lost or burnt in a truck its not ur problem.. ur not at a loss.. Dabs are... I assume u got ur card?? I see no problem..

Advertisement