Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Librotards

Options
  • 07-02-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

What the hell is wrong with those people that go into the library and do nothing but snigger and chat and find it utterly hilarious when they receive a call, when of course their friends ssssh as loudly which is greated by more sniggering. Spoiled brats whose parents obviously let them away with murder when they were younger instead of giving them a good belting when they acted like little cunts(sorry, been reading a lot of twentymajor). Or the girls who think it's the place for a group study session and gab away without making the slightest effort to lower their voices. How the hell can people in their 20s still be acting like that!

Rant over. Feel better now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I would agree, except that I was doing that earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

I dont study in the library for that reason. But with places like the student bar and the forum bar to congrgate you cant blame people for using the library as a social hangout . No matter how irritating it becomes.

What you should do Humbert is talk louder and hope it sets off a chain reaction of everyone trying to out do everyone else. When Librocop walks in he will be confronted with 90 students shouting random conversations at eachother.

Bedlam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

See in Trinity those people have a library all their own, and all our Librocop cares about is water on tables. Phones can go off in front of him but he'll just tap the table and nod towards the water bottle. Even when it's empty. But and hence why I'm posting here now, I feel like a Librotard today. I've done **** all and it's really cold because the vents used for letting fresh air in during the summer have all blown open on the highest floors an its bloody freezing. argh. Stupid economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I want to murder them all. I also hate the tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap of those retards who sped the whole time on MSN Messenger.

If you want some serious quiet, go to the Earlsfort Terrace library. It's even quieter than it used to be since medicine moved out. There's no wirelsss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

More important than that, what's the deal with the Plath quote under the Announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Now that I have to spend time in the library rather than go to lectures and the like I have noticed that some people in UCD are obviously unaware of what exactly a library is supposed to be. I have never heard so many pointless phone conversations in my life, nor so many people who actually go to the library to watch movies on their laptops. Strange people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Why don't people tell the others to shut up? They'll be so shocked they probably will fúck off somewhere else and stop disturbing you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

scop wrote:
    Now that I have to spend time in the library rather than go to lectures and the like I have noticed that some people in UCD are obviously unaware of what exactly a library is supposed to be. I have never heard so many pointless phone conversations in my life, nor so many people who actually go to the library to watch movies on their laptops. Strange people.
    When you live on campus you'll understand.

Warm, free, good internet connection, social hub around exam time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

*snigger* I used to do that... well except for the laptop bit but thats only cos I didn't have one... wait for things to come

I've given up on the library this year. Its useless for studying in. Its much easier to wonder around your own building looking for an empty room so viva la eng block. I've even done it around the arts block... though I don't trust to leave all my stuff there when I want to go and get something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

You should have named the thread "libretards" instead of "librotards" so that you could almost pronounce the first bit libry and then tards. This way you would still have retards spelled and pronounced correctly in there! I'm just a bitch though!

What annoys me is the people who clearly hate their laptops and feel it necessary to slam the keyboard as hard as possible when typing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭terry mac

Ah, get over it lads. Great craic in the library before exams. Loads of messing, knicking people's drinks (people I know), leaving notes for people I don't know, toilet graffiti ....... the list goes on. They're only exams at the end of the day, if you can't have a bit of fun in the lead up then your taking them too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

terry mac wrote:
    Ah, get over it lads. Great craic in the library before exams. Loads of messing, knicking people's drinks (people I know), leaving notes for people I don't know, toilet graffiti ....... the list goes on. They're only exams at the end of the day, if you can't have a bit of fun in the lead up then your taking them too seriously.

What about the people beside you and your friends? The people that may be using the library for its proper function. Its not very considerate of you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Im keeping my lunch for myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭terry mac

What about the people beside you and your friends? The people that may be using the library for its proper function. Its not very considerate of you

Doesn't mean i wasn't there to study, I did plenty of that too and did it for the vast majority of the time, so I don't think the people around me were too put out. Just some people can't sit in a library for 10 hours without distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

terry mac wrote:
    Doesn't mean i wasn't there to study, I did plenty of that too and did it for the vast majority of the time, so I don't think the people around me were too put out. Just some people can't sit in a library for 10 hours without distraction.

Then they probably shouldn't sit there for ten hours! Not just for that reason though, loads of medical reasons too, ingrown hairs on your ass, deep vein thrombosis, you'd probably get legionnaires from the air conditioning in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

1st year is for dossing in the library.
    Final year is for telling the first years to shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Sangre wrote:
    1st year is for dossing in the library.
    Final year is for telling the first years to shut up.

Postgrad is for getting a section of the library all to ourselves and not have to deal with it anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

I'm glad someone else is ranting about this too! I've wanted to so many times!

What I hate most of all are those who never turn off the sound on their laptops, so you're constantly listening to msn messenger-like sounds, and some even go so far as watching videos with loud laughing or screaming.

Seriously! You'd think people would be more considerate. Whatever happened to headphones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I guess that's a fair enough reason to be honest.

Advertisement