Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pres

• 07-02-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

this can be a topic to discuss yours

so mine started today,Home Eco, did fairly good[not that it really matters-only 50 perecnt of pre] considering no study done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

had cspe today........was a doss! on for like hour and half, was finsihed after 30 minutes.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PsychoGirl(+44)

yeah we'd cspe aswell! i had time to do every single question on the paper along with notes and pictures for my friends that i had to smuggle out of the centre in my pocket....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

there're a joke.......only done maths,irish,english and geography so far but they've been nearly a joke....so easy!!
    :D:D

ive noticed that to.......guess the teachers must mark them unfair[everyone getting better pres than junior results] because all the papers[past j.c.] are easier than them

found all them easy ,cept maths[paper 1] , but only my q.6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I thought maths paper 2 was really hard! But we haven't done area and volume yet so :) Anyway, I've business 1+2 tomorrow so that should be fun, i'll study later

• Advertisement

ive english paper 1 tomorrow[thank god-no need to study!] and science[i only know the physics section,i LITERALLY KNOW NONE of the chem and bio,and still have not looked at it today]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

are all the pre exams the same yea?.. because mine dont start untill the 27th so i can just ask someone from another school whats on it :D:D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

They're not the same. Different companies do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mandude

Did business and maths on Friday. Easiest things on the planet. They'll be marked down to make me study, though. :(

I'm screwed for english, though. I have to come up with an elaborate essay in half an hour. :( Any tips?

eh,its an hour for the essay[incl.planning]?your using a VERY bad system........

• Advertisement

Well even with an hour, I'd be scrooged. :(

Yeah, there's no way you can be expected to do it in half an hour. As far as I remember for my Junior Cert, I ended up spending most of English 1 doing the story... depends on how fast you are at other sections!

in all the exam tips, and judging marks correctly, its 1 hour
    i say 10 minutes for brainstorming/planning
    35 minutes for doing essay
    5 minutes for review

tbh , the marks given for the VERY easy question 1, which takes like no time, means you will have time to carry over

I enjoy writing, but it would take more than an hour and a half to write something I would stick with. And I'm competing with my cousin who got 70/70 in the pres. :(

jaysus.........i dont care about my pres much

or my junior!

That's all well and good, but I will be receiving moolah, provided I do good. :D

I remember my mocks practically better than my JC. The mocks are handy because it gives you an actual percentage and marks for individual questions, etc. Though, most of mine were corrected horrendously... big chunks of the science marks weren't even added in, went up by 10%, and the Irish examiner was ridiculously hard, went up by 25%... um. Yes. Enough rambling.
    The thing about the English essay is there isn't really enough time to be changing it once you've written it, so you gotta really know what you're gonna write. It takes a lot less time to think of a story and decide you hate it and then change it, than to write the story and decide you hate it. : p

That said, I hated my English essay as soon as I'd finished writing it and got an A, so maybe the examiner will like it!

Well, at least it's over. It was the first question I read and the last one I did. My awesome brain pulled through just in time. I literally had to hand it up right when I finished. *sighs of relief* I'll lose most mark for presentation though. Lots of scribbles. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah same, I thought my English essay in the mocks sounded quite poncy but I got high marks for it, then I thought my JC English essay (which was essentially the same essay) was even worse, and I got an A. So it's all very subjective, you might think it's awful but the examiner may think you're the best thing he's read since Shakespeare :)

mine for the pres the other day was an essay,a rant about the future ..........even included a battlestar galactica mention

have english paper 2 tomorrow[learning poems last hour] and french[dont know any anyway,so not bothering studying]

• Advertisement

French. *laughs* I'm not even going to bother sitting that in the pres or JC.

Why not?

The answer is quite simple. I don't speak French.

lmao

THERE OVER!!!!!!!!

mandude wrote:
    The answer is quite simple. I don't speak French.

Sure you don't need to able to speak a word of French for the JC, just read, write and understand it is all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Piste wrote:
    Yeah same, I thought my English essay in the mocks sounded quite poncy but I got high marks for it, then I thought my JC English essay (which was essentially the same essay) was even worse, and I got an A. So it's all very subjective, you might think it's awful but the examiner may think you're the best thing he's read since Shakespeare :)

me 2.

my essay for the mocks was way better than my Jr Cert one but i suppose the one for the jc was like a really personal thing bout my love for sligo rovers.. and i got my a!

the only thing the mocks are good for is timing yourself really. the stupid teaching students that mark them havent a clue. btw, there are only 2 companies that do mocks. examcraft and something else

also....

they are mocks not pres.

pres make it sound like they are imposrtat, but they're not.. really

pres!!!!

on the tests,they say pre-examinations
    so why should they be called mocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

pres!!!!

on the tests,they say pre-examinations
    so why should they be called mocks?
    I agree with this.

Zonko wrote:
    I agree with this.
    Banned for giving an opinion and not backing it up.

• Advertisement

well what opinon needs to be expressed lol
    he aggreed with my opinion

but i posted this before i relised you were joking

Oh, yeah, I forgot to give a disclaimer. That was a joke.

some idiot,some idiot *hits head against wall*

results hopefully next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

lmao

THERE OVER!!!!!!!!
    Great, mine start on Tuesday:( :rolleyes: . Cound't really care less though.

lol you been studying over mid term?
    iv ejust been watching lots of battlestar galactica :D

Ohno, It's erribly cruel for them to have the mocks after midterm, it means you can't fully enjoy the break!

• Advertisement

too true piste

so d-day on mon-my parents are gonna kill me if i do bad........ they dont understand no one does very well

lol you been studying over mid term?
    iv ejust been watching lots of battlestar galactica :D
    Been studying isn't how i'd put it. More like always thinking i should be studying and not doin anything. Haven't really gotten anything done. You should see my room though, there's a layer of books notes and pieces of paper all over the floor after my half-*ssed attempts at trying to study. I was getting quite annoyed yesterday actually, thinking i should be studying and then seeing my brother studying away happily at his desk for his LC mocks:rolleyes: . At least i get tomorrow off, first exams are home ec. and spanish which i don't do:D

so you at least took out your books

i didnt even take the books i took home for studying out of my bag most of the time

some results gotten today:
    Business-B[delighted, though i did badly, hoping for A in junior]
    Science-E[very disapointed,although to be honest its my poorest subject , and i didnt study for anything,so no real surprise.......hoping for c in junior,with some study and the project and experiment marks]
    Home Eco[bear in mind, this test is only 65 percent of pre] - B[ Delighted, hoping for B in junior]
    Geo-B[happy,bit disapointed though, will be hoping and expecting junior A]
    History-D[looked at my paper,was furious at teacher, he reconized he corrected wrongly, so took it back for remarking.....hopefully up to B, and A for junior]
    Irish-D[very happy,my irish is terrible,hoping for C or b in junior]

bear in mind,all results there Honours, except irish

Well it's p*ssing down outside, i don't have a coat, i'm off to fail english paper 1 and classical and get back an hour later than usual. What a glorious day:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

CSPE got back today-got B
    asked anotyer teacher to look at it...got A
    my teacher is just another one of the supporters of the incrediable stupid markign scheme
    yuou cant say whats really going on
    your only allowed to express your opinion if it is favouable on someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

CSPE got back today-got B
    asked anotyer teacher to look at it...got A
    my teacher is just another one of the supporters of the incrediable stupid markign scheme
    yuou cant say whats really going on
    your only allowed to express your opinion if it is favouable on someone

Now come on! What did you expect! They don't care what your opinion is as long as you answer the questions saying whatever is politically correct. Saying that, there is little on the exam to do with opinion. One of the only things to do with opinion on the exam is that democracy is good.

i got democracy[definition] right on my cspe paper and wrong on my history paper......gave exact same answer for both.......and same teacher
    ''Demcracy is government for the people ,by the people''
    I `showed him the two papers........refused to change histroy to right.....he says its different in the two marking schemes so histroy one is wrong......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

three results today, so happy!
    maths 94%
    science 88%business 94%
    =D at least these should soften the blow for when history comes...(half an hour total studying time...eeb)

i got democracy[definition] right on my cspe paper and wrong on my history paper......gave exact same answer for both.......and same teacher
    ''Demcracy is government for the people ,by the people''
    I `showed him the two papers........refused to change histroy to right.....he says its different in the two marking schemes so histroy one is wrong......

Wow that's ridiculous!

Talk about bad days, Maths paper 2 and Science tomorrow:(. English paper 2 was tough today, seeing as i only started studying at 11:30 last night and didn't really know any poems:rolleyes:

got Maths back today
    C!HONOURS! F/UCK YEAH!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

irish is marked wierdly. In my school:
    one of the honours classes had theirs marked really hard
    the other had theirs marked easier than the actual jc would
    and one of the pass classes had theirs done impossibly aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

I didnt do to good..i failed 3, history, science and german...:D:D

i failed 2- French [by 2 percent] and Scince[by 11]