Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pres

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Oh, yeah, I forgot to give a disclaimer. That was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

some idiot,some idiot *hits head against wall*

results hopefully next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

lmao

THERE OVER!!!!!!!!
    Great, mine start on Tuesday:( :rolleyes: . Cound't really care less though.

lol you been studying over mid term?
    iv ejust been watching lots of battlestar galactica :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ohno, It's erribly cruel for them to have the mocks after midterm, it means you can't fully enjoy the break!

• Advertisement

too true piste

so d-day on mon-my parents are gonna kill me if i do bad........ they dont understand no one does very well

lol you been studying over mid term?
    iv ejust been watching lots of battlestar galactica :D
    Been studying isn't how i'd put it. More like always thinking i should be studying and not doin anything. Haven't really gotten anything done. You should see my room though, there's a layer of books notes and pieces of paper all over the floor after my half-*ssed attempts at trying to study. I was getting quite annoyed yesterday actually, thinking i should be studying and then seeing my brother studying away happily at his desk for his LC mocks:rolleyes: . At least i get tomorrow off, first exams are home ec. and spanish which i don't do:D

so you at least took out your books

i didnt even take the books i took home for studying out of my bag most of the time

some results gotten today:
    Business-B[delighted, though i did badly, hoping for A in junior]
    Science-E[very disapointed,although to be honest its my poorest subject , and i didnt study for anything,so no real surprise.......hoping for c in junior,with some study and the project and experiment marks]
    Home Eco[bear in mind, this test is only 65 percent of pre] - B[ Delighted, hoping for B in junior]
    Geo-B[happy,bit disapointed though, will be hoping and expecting junior A]
    History-D[looked at my paper,was furious at teacher, he reconized he corrected wrongly, so took it back for remarking.....hopefully up to B, and A for junior]
    Irish-D[very happy,my irish is terrible,hoping for C or b in junior]

bear in mind,all results there Honours, except irish

Well it's p*ssing down outside, i don't have a coat, i'm off to fail english paper 1 and classical and get back an hour later than usual. What a glorious day:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

CSPE got back today-got B
    asked anotyer teacher to look at it...got A
    my teacher is just another one of the supporters of the incrediable stupid markign scheme
    yuou cant say whats really going on
    your only allowed to express your opinion if it is favouable on someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

CSPE got back today-got B
    asked anotyer teacher to look at it...got A
    my teacher is just another one of the supporters of the incrediable stupid markign scheme
    yuou cant say whats really going on
    your only allowed to express your opinion if it is favouable on someone

Now come on! What did you expect! They don't care what your opinion is as long as you answer the questions saying whatever is politically correct. Saying that, there is little on the exam to do with opinion. One of the only things to do with opinion on the exam is that democracy is good.

i got democracy[definition] right on my cspe paper and wrong on my history paper......gave exact same answer for both.......and same teacher
    ''Demcracy is government for the people ,by the people''
    I `showed him the two papers........refused to change histroy to right.....he says its different in the two marking schemes so histroy one is wrong......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

three results today, so happy!
    maths 94%
    science 88%business 94%
    =D at least these should soften the blow for when history comes...(half an hour total studying time...eeb)

i got democracy[definition] right on my cspe paper and wrong on my history paper......gave exact same answer for both.......and same teacher
    ''Demcracy is government for the people ,by the people''
    I `showed him the two papers........refused to change histroy to right.....he says its different in the two marking schemes so histroy one is wrong......

Wow that's ridiculous!

Talk about bad days, Maths paper 2 and Science tomorrow:(. English paper 2 was tough today, seeing as i only started studying at 11:30 last night and didn't really know any poems:rolleyes:

got Maths back today
    C!HONOURS! F/UCK YEAH!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

irish is marked wierdly. In my school:
    one of the honours classes had theirs marked really hard
    the other had theirs marked easier than the actual jc would
    and one of the pass classes had theirs done impossibly aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

I didnt do to good..i failed 3, history, science and german...:D:D

i failed 2- French [by 2 percent] and Scince[by 11]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Meh, week 1 done, tomorrow, History and WoodWork, I'm totallllly screwed, someone comfort me:(

All i can say is i'm also screwed, i don't do woodwork but i do have history tomorrow. I've tried to study but got as far as looking at the contents and seeing i needed to revise around 350 pages and that was it, i'd rather fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Instead of seeing that you need to revise loads and not doing any of it, accept the fact that you can't revise it all, but try revise a bit anyway. It may not help you in the mock, depending on what comes up, but you have enough time before the JC to revise it all anyway!

I did try to revise this morning and the test wasn't quite as hard as i thought it would be. I'd say i actually managed a C or maybe even a B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Results :o

History - A
    CSPE - A
    Maths - B (Disappointed)
    Geography - B
    Art - B
    Business - B
    English - B
    French - C (Disappointed)
    Science - D (2/3 of course uncovered so it's decent enough)
    Irish - E (I just plain suck at Irish D: )

Hopefully all my grades go up by one and I'm going to study like Hell for Science. Personally I'm hoping for 7 As in the real thing.

Yeah if you mess up in the mocks don't stress too much, chances are you havent even finished the course yet.

i messed up.......but all i studied was 50 minutes for maths[got c in end] ......going to start for junior after easter

Well just irish paper 2 for me tomorrow and then CSPE on Friday:P. Ripped the piss out of the Christmas CSPE test and got 54% :D:p. I'm tempted to do it again but im not sure. I'll have to improve my study methods for the JC aswell studying at 11:30 the night before hasn't actually been that bad(or so i think:D). My results will reveal all. Had geography today and it was actually the easiest test i've ever taken, aced it:D

Advertisement