Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Ten Dreamcast Remakes

Options
  • 07-02-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

IGN have a good article on what 10 DC games would be a good remake for this generation. Gotta say they have some interesting ones in there and I don't think there is any other one I'd put in (that hasn't already be done).

Skies would be top of my list (obviously) but JSR would definitely be second. I'd love to play a new version (if even just for the music;) ).

Check it out.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/761/761864p1.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Was skies of arcadia not remade for the gamecube:confused: .It was savage on the dreamcast shame when i moved over here nobody had heard of it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Was skies of arcadia not remade for the gamecube:confused: .It was savage on the dreamcast shame when i moved over here nobody had heard of it:rolleyes:

It was basically a port of the DC version with a few added extras. I'd love to see a true sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd like to see more G-rev shoot'em ups. Border Down was initially crap but has really grown on me and I love it. Under Defeat is just plain awesome. I'd also like to see a sequel to Sword of the Beserk. While not the best game ever it satisfied me after the excellent anime series ended so abruptly.

I'd love to see another 3D ecco game. The DC one was flawed but they could easily be ironed out.

And of course Shenmue 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was thinking of Chu Chu Rocket only the other day... I must dust it off.

And Samba De Amigo for the Wii? You simply can't go wrong with a monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They bork'd with #7; MvC had a sequel. It's been more or less played to the death now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'd love to see another 3D ecco game. The DC one was flawed but they could easily be ironed out.

Even with a walkthrough beside you that game was next to impossible. I actually might take it out some evening and finish it. I'd say I only ever made it 50% of the way through. Very strange story, especially seeing as you're a dolphin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,885 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I was thinking of Chu Chu Rocket only the other day... I must dust it off.

And Samba De Amigo for the Wii? You simply can't go wrong with a monkey.
    that would be a great game for the XBOX Live arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'd also like to see a sequel to Sword of the Beserk. While not the best game ever it satisfied me after the excellent anime series ended so abruptly.
    Sammy released berserk for the ps2 in japan a while back. Its not exactly great by any means, but it does look good and ties in with the manga more so than the anime (the manga is far more violent and interesting). Worth a look, though it'll never get a domestic release.
    The DC game was horrific, unless you liked whacking your 6 foot sword off endless tight corridors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Initial D was a great game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I'm still shocked that capcom havn't released a new Power Stone game. That was one of my favourite Dreamcast games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm still shocked that capcom havn't released a new Power Stone game. That was one of my favourite Dreamcast games.

Not positive but I think there is/were talks of a PSP version??

Also, I miss my dreamcast, haven't played it in a few months but I love it :)

Still remember meeting up with friends from school to play PSO. Most underrated and underappreciated console ever imo.

And ya chuchu XBLA ftw :D

Advertisement