Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no Nightlink buses in Cork?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I know people aren't exactly happy with the standard of the ordinary bus service but surely there is a case for a few late buses on Friday and Saturday nights in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

it would be fantastic alright heres to dreaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

There used to be about four routes a few years back, but they were discotinued after only a few months. I'm not exactly sure why they were cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What would you need with Nightlink buses?
    Sure the Sun never sets on Cork. Ask any Corkman.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

ive often wondered why there isnt there used be ones alright going to victoria mills and bishopstown during coll but none going the othersideof the city.its annoyig considering a taxi home to carrigaline is bout 25e which is a bit steep sigh. but with this new luas type thing thats meant to come in (about 40years time) wll serve douglas and stuff. till then its wishfull thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bjd

the reason we have no nightlinks is that our transport infrastructure is rubbish, Martin Cullen is a twit and the lads on Dublin only give a hoot about Dublin - not having public transport after 11.15, the last bus, is a disgrace that you should all load off off your local td's and councillors when they call to your door looking for votes in the election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 oh

agree totally bjd and chuchi

moved to cork from chapelizod 12 months ago and can't get over how atrocious the public transport is. what's worse is that there doesn't seem to be any planned either. when the last big Transport 21 came out a month or 2 ago the summary of things for Cork were
    1. hourly rail service to Dublin - already in place from Jan
    2. motorways...
    3. midleton rail line to Cork.

what's new there??? they're reselling us the same old rubbish. everyone knows that while Luas & Darts are great, the quickest and most cost effective is getting loads of new and regular bus routes. glanmire is turning into lucan - big sprawly area with loads of young families, almost totally dependent on their cars to get anywhere.

we should blaze the politicians when they come to the door about this unless we want the south link to end up like the m50 and suburban Cork to end up like West Dublin....

...rant over...:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

definitely one to bring up with the politicians so.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The bus 'services' in cork are absolutely appaling. Dubliners have no idea what a bad 'service' is. They need to come to the real Capital for that. The Dubs have their Luas and their dart, and are getting loads of extra buses apparantly. As a car enthusiast, I can't wait to get driving. Every time i have the misfortune to use the bus here I keep on reminding myself the advantages of the car. They used to have double deckers when i was small, what happened to them? Why don't we have them now? They should bring them back as soon as they can.The dubs have loads of them, what makes us so special that we cant have them? The No 10 has gone to the dogs since they extended it to mahon point 2 years ago. Its hardly ever on time these days, and your much more likely to have to stand on it now than before. The no2 is atrocious. Never on time, and on fridays in particular,3 of them seem to turn up at once. On other days, its often full, and we're packed in like sardines. Privatise the whole thing asap, and do it properly, like they did in London where they have to meet performance targets and so on. I wise other people would start using public transport though. That way when I do start driving, they're be more space for me to go faster:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement