Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing Initative - Dub City Council

Options
  • 07-02-2007 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew if Dublin City Council have any of the Initative Affodable Housing yet? This is treated differently to "normal" Affordable Housing by the other Local Authoritites as far as I know. For example South Dublin Conty Council lets people not allready on their list apply for this housing.

What I really want to know if it going to come up soon in the Dublin City Council Area and how are they going to treat it? Will it be offered to people already on the panel - or will they be told about it before it comes up? Will there be a draw or a first come first basis? Anybody any knowledge on this one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jih2000

Theres a lot of part buy part rent schemes around the South East of england, see if there's a website for your county that groups all the developments!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

MiaMia wrote:
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew if Dublin City Council have any of the Initative Affodable Housing yet? This is treated differently to "normal" Affordable Housing by the other Local Authoritites as far as I know. For example South Dublin Conty Council lets people not allready on their list apply for this housing.

What I really want to know if it going to come up soon in the Dublin City Council Area and how are they going to treat it? Will it be offered to people already on the panel - or will they be told about it before it comes up? Will there be a draw or a first come first basis? Anybody any knowledge on this one?

As far as I know there are no details as yet about DCC's Affordable Housing Initiative.
    The contact details for the Affordable Housing Unit are: 222 5020/affordablehousing.unit@dublincity.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 MiaMia

Thanks Stephen,

I'm wondering about it as I know that South Dublins 1 Bed Initative apartments are first come first served - therefore kept secret - no info on website - so you have to be lucky enough to see the advert the day its in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Why all the secrecy surrounding the affordable housing scheme? I wonder will we have a Flood and Moriarty tribunal in years to come...

I think these secret deals being done with developers via low-profile local authority politicians are a recipe for corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Ah I wouldn't say they're being kept a secret. Anyone on SDCC's Affordable Housing list will have got a letter about it and also it was advertised in a number of newspapers.

• Advertisement

Ah I'm just a bit annoyed as I was third to download the form ( I check the website every couple of days) - but as I didn't see the newspaper add and only had the form and the property path webiste to go by - I had no idea it was first come first served - so even though I had all the documents ready - I believed the form which said you had until 2:30pm on the 9th of February - and I missed out -even though I could have been one of the first:( .

I had allready submitted my documents for the normal list but they decided I needed a P21 and P60 for 2006 (even though it was only bearly 2007) - so I was not on the list in time to be informed - actually still waiting for the Revenue to issue the P21 so I am still not on the list.

I would cut a limb of for a home of my own - been flat/house sharing from 15 years - and have never had a lease longer than a year.

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 msscarlet

Hi everyone,

Minister Cockroache has announced another affordable housing inititative for those of us on ???low incomes,:eek: i.e. those of use earning between €45,000 and €58,000. Yes these figures are correct. I rang Dublin City Council, South Dublin County Council and the Affordable Homes partnership. Did you ever hear such crap!!!!!!! Am furious at these income limits. Got an affordable home handbook months ago from the affordale homes partnership. It has a Section called Questions Question 20 says that you make use of the Shared Ownership scheme to finance your affordable housing.
    But now there is a catch 22 situation you can apply for the inititative if you earn over €45,000 however the income limits for shared ownership scheme are €40,000. Cockroache and bertie's brother are the ministers at the dept of environ who sets these limits. Anyone else miffed by this latest scheme.

Anyone else miffed by this latest scheme.[/QUOTE]

Hi absolutley!

You need to get a mortgage from the EBS, BOI or IIB for these schemes - No council funding, shared ownership or otherwise. Therefore you need to earn the 45k in order to Afford the affordable housing!

What about people who are on the 40-45K - No Options!!!!!!!!!!!

The under 40K like myself must wait for a minimum of two years on a list or waiting for your name to be Drawn by DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm in a state of total disbelief.

How the fcuk can this fúcking building buddy government sleep at night when they clearly are offloading properties for their building buddies that cannot sell at full price to the public??

How the fcuk is an higher earner on €45 -€58k entitled to special handouts from the govenment over people earning an average income??!!

Affordable housing my fúcking arse, this is plan and simple offloading properties for their building buddies to the few that can afford it that haen't yet bought already.
    That these fúcking prícks can pull this kind of shííte makes my blood boil :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Diatom

50K? Woohoo, I'm guess im poor now and I qualify!

Really, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard...

• Advertisement

Diatom wrote:
    50K? I am getting divorced so I qualify!!!

Yes If you are not getting any equity from a house you owned during your marriage.

Advertisement