Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criminal Underground Ireland

• 07-02-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

With all the news about Ireland and crime. I was wondering if anyone had some stories to share.

Here's mine

A friend of mine was waterskiing on a lake. And all of a sudden this big f--k off yacht type boat starts coming at them at a slow speed. The area he is in is designated for watersports and everyone in the area knows it. So the mate gets back on the boat and sails over next to the yacht and tells the captain in no uncertain terms to get lost and berated him for not following the rules(In fairness he was right cause it could have caused an accident) Anyways the owner of the yacht cruises away and thats that

Later that night down the local, the mate is telling everyone about what happened and how he gave your man a piece of his mind. On of the lads over hearing this starts asks.
    What the boat looked like, and what the captain looked like....and goes I hope you know that was The Monk you called a f--king dope. He didn't know whether to be proud or scared

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

nikolaitr wrote:
    With all the news about Ireland and crime. I was wondering if anyone had some stories to share.

Here's mine

A friend of mine was waterskiing on a lake. And all of a sudden this big f--k off yacht type boat starts coming at them at a slow speed. The area he is in is designated for watersports and everyone in the area knows it. So the mate gets back on the boat and sails over next to the yacht and tells the captain in no uncertain terms to get lost and berated him for not following the rules(In fairness he was right cause it could have caused an accident) Anyways the owner of the yacht cruises away and thats that

Later that night down the local, the mate is telling everyone about what happened and how he gave your man a piece of his mind. On of the lads over hearing this starts asks.
    What the boat looked like, and what the captain looked like....and goes I hope you know that was The Monk you called a f--king dope. He didn't know whether to be proud or scared

As if the Monk would do anything, shur he's gone legit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

It wasn't from driving a taxi he bought that boat.

Anyway, was the monk ever a murderer/ violent in that way? I thought he was a bank robber? Could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

InFront wrote:

Anyway, was the monk ever a murderer/ violent in that way? I thought he was a bank robber? Could be wrong.
    Well he got his name because he always stayed out of drug dealing anyway.

He used to be my landlord when I was living in the city centre actually.

And it's not just taxis these days, he has a few stretch hummers as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

InFront wrote:

Yeah but its very unlikely that the Monk would want to bring any untoward sh1te upon himself. In fairness he doesnt need to. The monk (as far as I can see) is a bit part player in the grand scale of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Well he got his name because he always stayed out of drug dealing anyway.

He used to be my landlord when I was living in the city centre actually.

And it's not just taxis these days, he has a few stretch hummers as well.
    I heard he just has the one hummer or does he have more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭wba88

drdre wrote:
    I heard he just has the one hummer or does he have more
    i also heard this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I haven't seen him in about 8 years. So I only have newspaper articles to go on and I saw a photo of him with 2 hummers in one of those trashy newspapers at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

AFAIK he HAD 1 Hummer but the fuzz took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me. From what I know of Gerry Hutch cruising around on a yacht is one of the last things he would be doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Steyr wrote:
    Terminator, now Governator Arnie, has 7 Hummers according to an old issue of WIRED magazine. Maybe you can borrow one of his?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Steyr wrote:
    that's a bit of a bummer.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

1 Hummer limo, some taxi`s, loadza cash and loads off kids hanging on wanting to be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Scrotum wrote:
    1 Hummer limo, some taxi`s, loadza cash and loads off kids hanging on wanting to be him.

And why wouldn't they after our tabloid press treated his (Monks) daughter's wedding (last year) as a celebrity event. Disgusting.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

Mairt wrote:
    And why wouldn't they after our tabloid press treated his (Monks) daughter's wedding (last year) as a celebrity event. Disgusting.

:mad:

I agree with you, i`m just saying all he has around him now is a bunch off kids hanging on wanting what he`s got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Steyr wrote:

CAB took it, not the fuzz as you put it, but they gave it back.

Advertisement