Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esb connection twice?

Options
  • 07-02-2007 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,
    We need to have an electricity supply on site at the start of our new build for the builders to build the house, obviously then it will need to be connected to the house once the house is finished.

We have already paid 2300 euros for the connection but it seems now that we will have to pay twice -once for the temporary supply and again when the house is finished.

Can anyone shed any light on this? is this really what happens? Can anyone please suggest a solution?

Any advice or comments welcome.

Comments

Hmmm. my reply has vanished!!!:eek:

2nd try,

We are building a bungalow and had a meter box fitted to the side with the temporary electrcs in it. All the ESB need to do is swap the tails over to the consumer unit. I can't see how they can charge twice unless the temp supply goes to a differernt location.

edit: thread in two locations!!! (construction & self build)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

That sounds extremely unlikely. Maybe you have been talking to ESB Customer Supply, who score fairly low on arse/elbow discrimination tests.
    You should only be talking to ESB Networks at this stage, you need to sort it out with your local Networks supervisor, your electrician should be able to guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

Thanks for the replies, Our house is coming from Germany (where it's been built in a factory). The German crew won't be bringing a generator and are not keen to even use one. Apparently at one of the other houses they built in Ireland they had problems with the generator and blew 8,000 worth of equipment!!! They want an esb supply or for us to take the risk of replacing any equipment damaged. I know even less about generators than I do esb supply.

The temporary supply can go on the house cos the power is need to even start the house. We haven't been having much luck talking to the esb as each time we actually get to talk to some one they give different answers.

Advertisement