Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB connection

• 07-02-2007 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,
    We need to have an electricity supply on site at the start of our new build for the builders to build the house, obviously then it will need to be connected to the house once the house is finished.

We have already paid 2300 euros for the connection but it seems now that we will have to pay twice -once for the temporary supply and again when the house is finished.

Can anyone shed any light on this? is this really what happens? Can anyone please suggest a solution?

Any advice or comments welcome.

Comments

mrs aol wrote:

We have already paid 2300 euros for the connection but it seems now that we will have to pay twice -once for the temporary supply and again when the house is finished.

I hope not! are the temp electrics located in a different place?
    We had the temporary supply mounted in the meter box, it should just be a case of swapping the tails from the site electrics to the CU.

I built the external walls & fitted the meter box (plus site electrics) before getting ESB to connect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

Thanks for the reply.

Our problem, partly, is that none of the house can be built without power. It's is coming from Germany (where it's been built in a factory). The German crew need power to even start the box would have to be put on a stake or gate pillar or something as there is no house wall yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Can you not get a generator onsite to supply power?

The German crew won't be bringing a generator and are not keen to even use one. Apparently at one of the other houses they built in Ireland they had problems with the generator and blew 8,000 worth of equipment!!! They want an esb supply or for us to take the risk of replacing any equipment damaged. I know even less about generators than I do esb supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sparky78

Sorry to go off on a tangent but was looking at european company's to supply my house and was wondering which company you went it?

• Advertisement

They're called Pheonix Solutions. First saw them on About the House a couple of years ago.

Advertisement