Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford privilege club voucher

Options
  • 07-02-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

My other half has a relative that’s work for Ford UK. He tells me he can purchase 3 new cars per year for family members and get a discount voucher for around £2500 about €3000 as part of Ford employee privilege deal of the list price of any new Ford. Does anyone know if these vouchers can be used here? He has spoken with ford UK and they don’t see any issue except for my other half being the relation would have to have the car registered in her name as owner. Has anyone tried this here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would be interested if you could get me a voucher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say you would have to give Ford Ireland a call to find out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Yeah they do. I knew a chap who's aunt worked in Ford factory near Liverpool and qualified for the discount in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My granny in Germnay is entitled to an employee discount on new Mercs on account of my grandad having worked there all his life. It dies with her though and shes 84, better get my skates on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My aunt's married to a ford dealer and gets around €4-5k off her cars (new fords obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

drdre wrote:
    I would be interested if you could get me a voucher :)
    Yeah say you would, but its limited to close family members only :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Limited to close family members only.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have that discount from ford. and I get a better deal than the people who work in ford garages :D (or so i was told by the last dealer I got my car off)

The discount is a certain % off list price and nearly every relative I have can benifit from it

Guys can any worker in ford get me a 4-5k discount.If so then please send me a pm.thanks

Well the discount is dependant on the car value - what car are you thinking of getting?

Discount applies to all extras also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

drdre wrote:
    Guys can any worker in ford get me a 4-5k discount.If so then please send me a pm.thanks

Limited to close family members only.
    mobby wrote:
    Yeah say you would, but its limited to close family members only

@drdre, I'd say that you are the type of guy who just won't take no for an answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

drdre wrote:

:)

If only life was that easy!

It is that easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

7% is the discount off the list price of a new Ford

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mobby wrote:
    7% is the discount off the list price of a new Ford

Thta might be a cash discount on a straight sale, but the voucher is much more valuable than that.

On the upside I'll be ordering a new car tomorrow (using a voucher) as we shook hands on a deal to sell the Focus ST yesterday.

Thta might be a cash discount on a straight sale, but the voucher is much more valuable than that.

On the upside I'll be ordering a new car tomorrow (using a voucher) as we shook hands on a deal to sell the Focus ST yesterday.

How much would the voucher be worth approx? Awh the ST looks amazing but would still prefer a GTI.:D

Advertisement