Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Group

Options
  • 08-02-2007 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I note the windows on the main page, very nice, the Empire grows.

The Irish Tricolour should be represented perhaps?

Is there an Empire wide policy on user names?

Could someone register the name of a well known user from one Board on a second Board and discredit him/her ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Irish Tricolour should be represented perhaps?
    I'm sure you'll see it become represented in the coming weeks, what with Boards Ltd's takeover of Boards Group.
    Is there an Empire wide policy on user names?
    Cloud has stated (over at boards.tv) that the boards.ie database is simply too large to import to the others cleanly without a buttload of work being involved. The boards.tv user database was imported from the boards.us database, so anyone who had an account on US will have an account - though not the same account - on TV.

While personally I think an "Empire-wide" unified login would be nice, I recognise the amount of work that would be necessary is simply too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Hagar wrote:
    I note the windows on the main page, very nice, the Empire grows.
    What window?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its something that will be decided in the near future alright. I doubt we'll have a unified login but certainly we wont allow people to take the mick and impersonate people, we dont need a rule or Ts&Cs to make that happen, we'll just take over their account and give it to the other person. Simple as...

I guess age will be the precedent. If you had that username from the start you can claim it over a newcomer.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

When boards.org.uk goes live I'd really like to register my username there.

What happens if I decide to register it from a different IP address? I'll still be using the same email address so will you also be looking at that to determine authenticity or solely IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The only thing i want on my boards.tv is my Reg date from boards.ie thats it, i feel so strange when i see
    User45701

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

r3nu4l wrote:
    When boards.org.uk goes live I'd really like to register my username there.

Aye, me too. The real me should be identifiable from the avatar though, just incase an imposter happens along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Faith wrote:
    Aye, me too. The real me should be identifiable from the avatar though, just incase an imposter happens along!

May not be that simple.
    It's a custom avatar, a subscriber perk, would you be subscribing to all Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Can't you just visit all of the 'Group sites and re-register? Surely that'll save time, bother and effort for the admins and it'll mean that they don't have to move people who really don't care..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sputs-Lover

Woof,

As long as my dear sput is ok on all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

It wont be necessary to subscribe to all boards, I think its only fair that a sub on one is a sub on all.

Regarding Nicks, I know that there is already an issue with Nick being duplicated on Boards.JP I think, I cant recall which one. If you really want your nick perhaps you should reserve it to be on the safe side. But we will certainly do out best to allow users to keep their nicks across all boards, I just hope that other forums users didn't register the nick before you got your current one. :)

I'm sure when there are genuine duplicates, we can perhaps have a Board identifier in this instance, we will do out best to facilitate existing users.

V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

/checks boards.tv to see if there is a 3am downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I subscribed to .tv, .jp, .nz, .cn, .us, last night. It doesn't take too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thank you.

Advertisement