Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of music is this (e.g. Mason-Exceeder)

• 08-02-2007 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Just listening to Dirty Disco on spin1038 they play a lot of stuff that sounds like Mason - Exceeder (the original mix).

Heres their playlist for tonight :
    Dirty Disco - Wednesday 7th February
    1. Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns - Trentmoller Remix - Get Physical
    2. Soul AD - Get All Hot - Silicone Soul Mix - Mode
    3. Satoshi Fumi - Treasure EP - Plug - Urbantorque
    4. Laid Back Luke - Hypnotise ft S. Granti - stealth
    5. Sam Ball - Stealth EP - Stealth - Urbantorque
    6. Guy J & Sahar Z - Hazui - Gui Boratto Mix - Electribe
    7. Alex Metric - Holding You
    8. Mark Mendes - His Music - Mar 186
    9. Robot Needs Oil - Volita EP - Revolta - Definate
    10. Mark Storie - Class A - Toolroom Trax

Its like new electro ambience techno breakbeats or something.. I cant describe it anyway, can anyone recommend more of this? Artists/Songs/Labels etc thanks :)

[Edit] Maybe I should have posted this in Experimental Music? Or Recording / Mixing ? Ahh so many forums *Confusion*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

electro house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

more or less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 supply72

Too many labels put on tracks now. Doesn`t matter what it is as long as you like it. Everything comes back to House or Techno eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

supply72 wrote:
    Too many labels put on tracks now. Doesn`t matter what it is as long as you like it. Everything comes back to House or Techno eventually.

despite electro predating both?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Lorax wrote:
    Just listening to Dirty Disco on spin1038 they play a lot of stuff that sounds like Mason - Exceeder (the original mix).

Its like new electro ambience techno breakbeats or something.. I cant describe it anyway, can anyone recommend more of this? Artists/Songs/Labels etc thanks :)

[Edit] Maybe I should have posted this in Experimental Music? Or Recording / Mixing ? Ahh so many forums *Confusion*

I find the best way to look up new music that you want to explore is on discogs - www.discogs.com

Look up the various artists/labels from the tracklist you posted and you will find info on other releases from both the artists and the labels and also other CD's/vinyl they are featured on. You really cant beat discogs for investigating music :)

One example from your list...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Satoshi+Fumi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

Lorax wrote:

electro
    ambience
    techno
    breakbeats

Good thing you didn't post that in experimental music, seeing as that mix is about as experimental as The Cheeky Girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, i would have said electro house, if thats the type of stuff your into then have a look at artists like...

Trentemoller
    Dave Spoon
    Tocadisco

erm loads more can't think of any right now!
    Try out the ministry of sound annuals too, the australlian ones from this year and last year are quite good... Uk aren't so good, 2007 has some ok tracks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Can't stand that Exceeder tune, really naff cheesy electro house at it's worst for me...

Trentemoller and Dave Spoon are leagues ahead and both (esp Trentemoller) have produced some classic tunes over the years... Check out Le Champagne by Trentemoller for a serious slice if deep and slightly techy goodness.... the tune still holds up brilliantly nearly four years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Giles wrote:
    Can't stand that Exceeder tune, really naff cheesy electro house at it's worst for me...

In that case you'll simply love the vocal mix they've put out on release featuring some has-been hip-hop girl....truly woeful.
    I liked the original instrumental, but this vocal mix has spoiled even that by mere association.
    This keeps happening with semi-decent electro house tracks and belittles the whole genre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Wertz wrote:
    This keeps happening with semi-decent electro house tracks and belittles the whole genre...

pity,cause its always gonna happen with the genre of the month when the record company smells money. so many tunes down the years have been ruined by the apparent need for more airplay etc.....

worst thing is we'll all probably own or have already heard them months before,
    think how many tunes you loved before they were played to death with a bird (probably not as good looking as the one in the video)singing sh!te over the top....
    many spring to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

That horrible version of Strings For Life with Kathy Brown TOTALLY ruined it imo... The remix itself wasn't bad (although a little cheesy) but once they released the version with Kathy Brown singing on it they killed it.

Advertisement