Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

editable news/text area

Options
  • 08-02-2007 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm not a webdesigner by any stretch and just meddle occasionly so forgive me if i'm asking anything obvious but i'm not having much luck aimlessly googling.

Is there a simple solution for inserting a simple editable text region into an existing html site? Something usable by even the most average pc user put off by ftp html etc. Just a simple "news" type text section without any need for previous entries to be databased or tagged etc. Building a wordpress theme or using a cms just seems overkill since just a small text section of a basic html site needs to be occasionly overwritten. Any suggestions much apreciated, with all the far more advanced solutions I feel i must be missing something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Try FCKeditor, requires some code knowledge though. There's also a sort of lite version I believe, TinyFCK or something to that effect. Tbh I think you'll need to do some coding with whatever you use...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You could always use Macromedia Contribute?

I distribute Contribute licenses to people who administer particular sections of the website I manage. Its a quick effective way of letting them maintain their own sections, but not adversely impact stylising, or even screw up the overall look and feel of the page (they cant touch the HTML).

Its relatively simple to use. Its like a browser. So you browse to the webpage, and hit the Edit button. You, being the administrator, have already set up the editable parts of the webpage using Dreamweaver. Hey presto, thats all they can change.

Heres the lowdown

Advertisement