Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elara.ie RMA time

Options
  • 08-02-2007 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

OK i bought club 3d x1950pro from elara.ie and guess what, its broken :( I start 3dmark06 and screen is full of artifacts, random glitches and stuff. Really annoying thing. Not to mention games like Oblivion when you see a psycho laser show and not the game itself.
    Anyway elara accepted the return form and hopefully ill get a new WORKING card. But the question is: How long does it usually take to process the whole RMA thing? I gonna drop off the card to their office tomorrow.

Some dude told me that they gonna send the card to the manufacturer, which is in Netherlands and then they gonna look at it and if its unrepairable, they gonna send me a new card. Is that correct? Because i have never had this kind of situation, dunno how long these kinda stuff take time.

Enlighten me if you had similar experience with elara.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Weird.. Komplett would test themselves.. still you would be looking at about a month from send to recieve though with them i think.
    Anyway i have read on boards of other people with a 1950 with this artifact problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zOlt

Saruman wrote:
    Anyway i have read on boards of other people with a 1950 with this artifact problem!

Any links? Would be interesting to read

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Saruman wrote:
    Weird.. Komplett would test themselves.. still you would be looking at about a month from send to recieve though with them i think.

Eh, having recently suffered the komplett RMA procedures, I can offer a real-life alternative to this view.

I RMA's a faulty PSU. Send the part using Komplett's own packaging label, supplied with the RMA e-mail.
    The then blamed me for sending it to the wrong depot when things started to get tetchy because of delays!

After 41 e-mails and 3 full weeks, I get a replacement. They don't ship your return by 'priority' shipping, to minimise any further delay and you have to supply proof of shipping costs to get a refund for sending it back.

They did not test it here in Ireland; it was shipped to Holland.

Their RMA procedures are the pits!

SwampThing wrote:
    Eh, having recently suffered the komplett RMA procedures, I can offer a real-life alternative to this view.

I RMA's a faulty PSU. Send the part using Komplett's own packaging label, supplied with the RMA e-mail.
    The then blamed me for sending it to the wrong depot when things started to get tetchy because of delays!

After 41 e-mails and 3 full weeks, I get a replacement. They don't ship your return by 'priority' shipping, to minimise any further delay and you have to supply proof of shipping costs to get a refund for sending it back.

They did not test it here in Ireland; it was shipped to Holland.

Their RMA procedures are the pits!
    Thats a bummer. I just dropped my stuff to elara office so hopefully they sort things out faster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Actually it looks like it was not this model but the x1900
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055045933

Still this guy had 3 in a row! With screen corruption etc.

• Advertisement

This is really stupid but... i have just read some forums and checked my PSU and guess what! My PSU has only 400W power and 17A on 12V rail, where the requirement is 450W and 30A for the 12V rail :(. I didn't even thought that this might be a reason for those artifacts and crap that i'm getting on the screen. Could this be really the problem? And that the card was really a good one?

Damn i'm so frustrated right now that i will have to wait a month for my stupidity :mad: unless they haven't sent the card yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Absolutely - if the PSU isn't up to the job, it very well could be the problem.

Advertisement