Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v San Marino tut tut.

• 08-02-2007 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

my goodness,.... what happened ?
    im lost for an explanation,..... it was funny listening to Brian Kerr tonight,.... Im sure he was thanking god he wasnt in charge. Prepare for a media onslaught in the papers..........

so anybody willing to admit they lost their house , or maybe saved it thru that late goal ?? its one of those games where stakes need to be really really high to make it worth a punt.

i was going lay about 10 grands worth @ 1.04 - (400 risk) with the hope of buying it back at about 1.08 or 1.09 ........ only to find that betfair werent covering the game live !! ended up sticking 20 on ireland to qualify 10/1

never go on first scorer on a bookies,.... biggest rip-off profit margin in their favour. or just go small out of a curiousity bet maybe,
    the best value bets i can find are the 1/3 no more goals on betfair after 87 or 88 minutes play.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

never go on first scorer on a bookies,.... biggest rip-off profit margin in their favour. or just go small out of a curiousity bet maybe,
    the best value bets i can find are the 1/3 no more goals on betfair after 87 or 88 minutes play.

Agree...

Local William Hill had first goal scorer bets up:
    Robbie Keane 9/4
    Anthony Stokes 11/4
    Shane Long 3/1 i think

Extremely poor value which i didnt take but up comes Zinedine Kilbane to claim the first goal.

Henry does be 3/1 most arsenal games.. poor value considering arsenal tend to go down 1-0 in most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i`m sure the bookies made a killing last night,that makes me hate them a little bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I walked past a bookie's on the way home last night and saw a 2-1 result being offered at odds of 14/1. We had a discussion on how that was never gonna happen.

Should've nipped in and thrown on a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

i was going lay about 10 grands worth @ 1.04 - (400 risk) with the hope of buying it back at about 1.08 or 1.09 ........ only to find that betfair werent covering the game live !!
    QUOTE]
    Yeah, i was very disappointed with betfair, there was no reason not to have in-play betting on that game as I had a similar strategy planned. Other than that I did long to score (it was good value).
    But 14/1 for ireland to win 2-1 was terrible value imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

All the bookies give brutal prices on correct score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

All the bookies give brutal prices on correct score.

Plus it's next to impossible to predict!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

yeah,...but the bookies would have done a whole lot better if it was a draw !!!!

after ireland went 1-0 up , Victorchandler were taking 1/1000 for an ireland victory and 6/1 for the draw, stingy gits.
    but you'd be surprised the clowns that'd lump 5000 on to make a fiver.
    id say old V.C. himself must of been choking on that cigar of his at 1-1 !!!:)

Advertisement