Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google sees you!

• 08-02-2007 2:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Excellent short film about how powerful Google has become.
    http://www.masterplanthemovie.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Arghhhhh

Logofff Now!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I never knew about the biological research bit.... thats spooky, a plc, the internet's second biggest website, is researching to get all our information, all funded by the CIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It does point out all the valid concerns regarding Google's collection of every bit of data they can but come on! Claims that Google may have a copy of my genetic profile?? I have serious concerns about my online privacy but that video was very sensationalist. There is a huge potential for Google to abuse its position alright though, I guess its good that someone is keeping an eye on them, even if it is a bit over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

The only thing I want to know is, which the video doesn't answer so I'm assuming no, will Google freely distribute all the information it collects about us?
    If not then I don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

Why do people care about internet privacy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

I'm afraid if you use the internet you can't care or worry about privacy as there really isn't any...

All your ip addresses are belong to us ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

/me puts on tin foil hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Sounds like a load of bollocks tbh, I don't see anything backing up any of the wild claims.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What a pile of muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

faceman wrote:
    What a pile of muck

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Nicely presented tinfoil hattery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Like Google would be arsed putting in all that time and effort to know about everyone with appartently no benfits fro them. Seriously would they get out of the linkup with the CIA. Another crazy on the internet just better presented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

why would i care what google knows about me? 1. I have nothing to hide and 2. there are 6 billion people in the world, why would google actually care about me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I've worked there. Most of that's complete BS.

/end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kevmy wrote:
    Another crazy on the internet just better presented.

and in HD too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see google got to some posters here before me. Don't be afraid lads, fight the powa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I've worked there. Most of that's complete BS.

/end
    You would say that, you're one of them.
    GOOGLE HAVE FOUND US, SHUT DOWN BEFORE THEY CAN TRACK YOU AND do nothing to infringe upon your cicil liberties whatsoever. Google are not watching you. And if they were, it would be too late for you to mount any kind of resistance so we should all just forget this paranoid nonsense.
    Sincerely, insignificant poster, who is definitely still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

great sig :)

Im hardly worried. Even with their search power they still have countless billions of terabytes of data to sort through. Even with tomorrow's quantum computers that will still take them a while to sort through.

Not to mention the vid was pure propoganda: where are the sources?? Smells like Loose Change to me.

Advertisement