Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road Safety Campaign

• 08-02-2007 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hey guys.
    Just thought I'd put a post here, I apologise if anyone takes offence or deems this not to be relevant ot the motorsport section.

A group and I have started a new campaign for Road Safety in Ireland. Its in its Infancy stage and we are in talks with The ROad Safety Authority.
    Anyone here who has a myspace account, click the link and add us to your friends etc etc.

http://www.myspace.com/roadrevolution

The Myspace page gives a brief outline about what we are trying to do.
    If anyone is interested in Helping out etc, all help no matter how insignificant is greatly appreciated.

We thank you for taking your time to read this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Can we have a few ads aimed at councils etc " Stop the carnage , stop building crap roads " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

If thats what you want. The aim is to get communities from all around Ireland to join together and say enough is enough. Expressing everyones Opinion through ranges of 10 second adverts. If you have got a cmaera..... do something...

Hopefully at the end, we will also submit an entry of all Adverts to International Film Festivals to get more recognition to whats going on.

There is no funding or sponsorship.. its about people standing up with no rewards except saving peoples lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

What exactly has this got to do with motorsport?

This might be a better place for this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

nikimere wrote:
    What exactly has this got to do with motorsport?

This might be a better place for this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

does it bother you that much..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

trendkill wrote:
    does it bother you that much..?

**removed image **
    no not really, i just would hate someone to associate Motorsport with road carnage.
    what does bother me though is the massive image you have in your post... some people are still on dial up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I'm with nikimere about the Carnage\Motorsport association thing.

That said, fair play for taking the initaitive, but im not sure about the whole myspace thingimajig.

The reason why I posted here was becuase I know alot of ye here are into Motor Racing. If anoyone here would be interested in Starring in One of the proposed adverts etc... i.e "Keep the Racing on the tracks" etc... we would need to film some footage and stuff, it would be great advertising for some of their sponsors etc....

But if noone is interested, thats fair enough..

The Myspace thing is just to get peoples attention and backing, we have got the go ahead from the Road Safety authority.
    Afterall, it is the people that love motor racing and drive that get some of the flak.....motor racing is associated with road carnage, Hey, motor racing is banned totally in Switzerland since the Le Mans race when the Mercedes crashed into the stand killing 84 people.

Its the guys that go out on the roads drag racing. Ive been paert of it, everyone knows about it, but I have seen some accidents, friends killed, friends parents killed, Ive gone head on into a concrete wall (as a passenger)..... Anyone thats ever been involved in a death defying accident and survived will give backing. THERE is alot of IDIOTS on these IRISH roads.

I apologise if I thought that some users here would be more socially aware.

But if anyone is interested in getting their sponsors some great advertising etc.... you know wherre to ask.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

trendkill wrote:
    The reason why I posted here was becuase I know alot of ye here are into Motor Racing. If anoyone here would be interested in Starring in One of the proposed adverts etc... i.e "Keep the Racing on the tracks" etc... we would need to film some footage and stuff, it would be great advertising for some of their sponsors etc....

But if noone is interested, thats fair enough..
    http://www.rally.ie/article.php?article_id=061231/115118

Advertisement