Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

datt tapes

Options
  • 08-02-2007 3:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hi there,, i have a couple of old dat tapes.. kinda like a video,, but they obviosly dont play on a vid. is there any where that still does these as id like to get the stuff that i have on them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Call around the local recording studios and radio stations. I think local radio was still playing lots of ads on DAT up to a few years ago. They probably still have the players and they may be willing to transfer to CD for you.

Failing that I bet you could pick up a portable or rack DAT player for cheap on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

DAT is discontinued but you would definately get a cheap portable one online. But as Squibs said check radio stations and studios first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

We have a DAT player here in fas somewhere i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

The radio stations here in Cork still accept ads on both DAT and CD, so that's
    a good bet. I don't get much stuff in on DAT these days, but I still hold on to my DAT player for that odd occasion.

Good luck

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

It sounds to me like they're actually adat tapes. Are they the size of a video cassette or like a miniature vhs tape? An adat is the same as svhs. They record 8 tracks of audio each and were the thing at the beginning of digital recording. Quite rare to find in use these days but some studios will probably have a machine knocking around but may charge a fair whack to get anything off them due to setting up and mixing something from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Done my first recording using an alesis adat hehe :rolleyes:

Advertisement