Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got Straming Media and 4od (Channel 4 on Demand) to work?

• 08-02-2007 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have just tried out the new Channel4 On-Demand service, where you can download recent programs from Channel 4 / E4 to your PC, or some older shows and movies.

They have a decent selection of stuff at a reasonable price (some are Free). It works pretty well, but sitting in front of the PC doesn't really work for relaxing and watching a show or a movie.

All content is in WMV format, requiring at least WM10.

However, if I try to view this using the XBox I can see the file but get an error opening it about 'protected file'.

Has anyone got this to work, or is this not possible because the DRM level on the files is set so high by c4?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Thread needs to be moved out of Xbox forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Are you cereals?! He's askin how to get it to work on the xbox!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Lol, I missed the line about Xbox... oh well more coffee for me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Or more cereals! I went through the first few lines thinking the same thing too to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

To answer the question... all 4od content is DRM and the xbox cannot play DRM content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mloc123 wrote:
    To answer the question... all 4od content is DRM and the xbox cannot play DRM content.

Fair enough ... I expected as much, but thought I would ask just in case. (although I can play WMA audio files which have DRM).

(p.s. I'll be sure to spell XBOX bigger in the body of the post next time :D:D:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Check out www.tversity.com , after many nights of messing with this I finally go it working and all I can say is WOW !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'm guessing you can get software to stip the wmv files of the DRM protection anyway. Its possible with mp3 and wma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

It will only work if you have windows media centre edition or vista. It still takes a bit of messing around. At least it did when I was playing the stuff I had downloaded from sky.

edit: Didn't see the post on Tversity. Must try it out.

Advertisement