Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend away in Donegal town

Options
  • 08-02-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Weekend away in Donegal town, which hotel would you recommend, The central hotel or the Abbey Hotel Don't bother recommending anywhere else, just one of these two. Thanks.

Abbey or Central for weekend away 2 votes

Abbey
    0% 0 votes
    Central
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tough call, considering their very close proximity to each other, and both having the same owner.

However, I'd probably go for the Central, as it doesn't have the nightclub downstairs, so possibly less noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

byte wrote:
    Tough call, considering their very close proximity to each other, and both having the same owner.

However, I'd probably go for the Central, as it doesn't have the nightclub downstairs, so possibly less noisy.

I could never see any great difference in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Don't see the difference at all. Both owned by one owner and adjoined really. You could also look out of town at Millpark or Harveys Point. The latter well out of town but very romantic and very good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

If you're intending going out on the lash, the Abbey because you can just crawl upstairs afterwards. Not that it's much of a walk to the Central. If you want a good nights sleep, go for the Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Central it is then:) I was leaning towards it as the Abbey doesn't seem to have leasure facilities? Thanks for the comments and recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, the leisure complex is in the Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I had lunch yesterday in the Central and was overwhelmed by the friendliness and service I received. They couldn't do enough for me.

Advertisement