Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold House and Blue Plastic

Options
  • 08-02-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have a concrete built house c.1996 which in this cold weather is almost constantly freezing. I would imagine it is well insulated in the walls etc as per regulations, but its just odd that everywhere in the house is cold to the touch. The heating works and has been serviced, but just the house never seems to be very warm. I do have to insulate part of the house over a converted garage which has no insulation and improve the insulation in the main attic.

But i've heard of a trick involving blue plastic. I'am told it prevents heat loss. Does anyone know anything about this trick / method ? Does it work and how do you do it ? I was told to cut plastic to shape and fit it between the joists, then insulate above. But other people just insulate as normal, then place the plastic above. Which is right ????

Ian.

Advertisement