Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo - News and Views

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

sueme wrote: »
    Oh Lord. I'm moving.

Not your type huh?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Gillie wrote: »

Marks and Sparks!!!! ........Dream....... wonder if there will be a food hall as well??.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yay, I'm writing me list as I type:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Take a deeeep breath and imagine....

Christmas shopping in Marks and Spencers!!! Oooohhh! Makes me go teary eyed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I've got goosebumps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fecking wimmen! :rolleyes:

(Has no money for shopping. Is sad.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

M&S!!!!!

Oh God, it was a sad day when M&S pulled out of Canada. They had the BEST socks. I still have a few pairs that belonged to my mother! Now THAT's a good pair of socks, if they last 12 - 15 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Don't forget M&S knickers!!

never owned a pair! I was only around 8 when they pulled out of Canada :P

I rather like the Dunnes knickers though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Fecking wimmen! :rolleyes:

(Has no money for shopping. Is sad.)

I hear ya!:)

Marks and Sparks!!!! ........Dream....... wonder if there will be a food hall as well??.
    magnumlady wrote: »
    Yay, I'm writing me list as I type:D

I've got goosebumps!!!
    Xiney wrote: »
    M&S!!!!!

Oh God, it was a sad day when M&S pulled out of Canada. They had the BEST socks. I still have a few pairs that belonged to my mother! Now THAT's a good pair of socks, if they last 12 - 15 years...
    magnumlady wrote: »
    Don't forget M&S knickers!!

Christ on a bike!
    Had I know it would have got ye this excited I wouldn't have posted it!:D

Why don't you want us to be happy Gillie?

You're such a meanie. *snerffle*

Why don't you want us to be happy Gillie?

You're such a meanie. *snerffle*

Ah i'm just jealous of ye!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

And for the men, they sell chocolate muffins, cooked instore so they are usually still warm, with melted chocolate inside them :pac:

And for the men, they sell chocolate muffins, cooked instore so they are usually still warm, with melted chocolate inside them :pac:

I think you'll find those are for the women also.

We just let you have some, every once in a while.

You stay away from my choc muffins -_-

K, I can already tell this is going to end with a street fighter style "HADOUKEN!!"

I remember going to a M&S in malta. Got some lovely pasta sauces there!

K, I can already tell this is going to end with a street fighter style "HADOUKEN!!"

A woman who knows what Street Fighter is!??

What's going on here?:confused:

I'm confused too... :confused:

Edit: Confused, but I will fight you if you touch my choc muffins!

• Advertisement

My brilliance is often difficult for the dumber sex to comprehend.

I remember going to a M&S in malta. Got some lovely pasta sauces there!

A woman who knows what Street Fighter is!??

What's going on here?:confused:

I don't know about you Gillie but I'm turned on by it.

Two things:
    -First the parking meters will be changed soon to allow you to purchase a 20 minute ticket. The price will reduce also to reflect this

-Secondly work is to start on building a multi storey car park across from Sligo abbey.

Two good developments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Two things:
    -First the parking meters will be changed soon to allow you to purchase a 20 minute ticket. The price will reduce also to reflect this

-Secondly work is to start on building a multi storey car park across from Sligo abbey.

Two good developments

Hurrah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's a great idea. The car parking situation has to be seriously addressed. With so many cars coming into the town there really is nowhere to put them all. Bad planning and strategy I would say. Also need more underground parking, that's the key. The way forward. You are supposed to take the cars off the road, so putting them underground is the best and only real solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Two things:

Two good developments

I would not hold my breath on the multi-storey. It is only going out to public consultation now and there are several hurdles to cross before it is completed eg likely cutbacks in public spending.
    And the Corporation has a poor track record: how many more years before its "Master Plan" produces any shops in Wine Street? I won't mention the public toilet saga. :rolleyes:

its a pretty bad spot for a multi storey though isnt it?its smaller than dunnes and thats fairly hard to navigate.plus that will put extra traffic in an area that already doesnt handle it well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Essexboy wrote: »
    I would not hold my breath on the multi-storey. It is only going out to public consultation now and there are several hurdles to cross before it is completed eg likely cutbacks in public spending.
    And the Corporation has a poor track record: how many more years before its "Master Plan" produces any shops in Wine Street? I won't mention the public toilet saga. :rolleyes:

In fairness to the "master plan" it was the construction company who f*cked up there! That said, local gov sat back and let it go too far!

Not going to comment on the toilet thing!:p
    its a pretty bad spot for a multi storey though isnt it?its smaller than dunnes and thats fairly hard to navigate.plus that will put extra traffic in an area that already doesnt handle it well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Where else would you suggest Brian?

I would look at putting one up high/market street as part of the regeneration myself!
    They could put the traffic management aspect in place quite easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

re parking my suggestion would be park & ride facilities at either end of town.

Car parks at the retail park and somewhere near Hargadons on the other side of town and buses to the city centre in 10 -15 min intervals.

Comparatively low cost, plus it keeps the casual traffic out of town.

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    re parking my suggestion would be park & ride facilities at either end of town.

Car parks at the retail park and somewhere near Hargadons on the other side of town and buses to the city centre in 10 -15 min intervals.

Comparatively low cost, plus it keeps the casual traffic out of town.

A fantastic Idea! I really would love to see this implemented!

Advertisement