Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo - News and Views

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Im almost tempted to take a spin into town to check this out..... (how sad have my sat nights become?!)

Lol. I can't believe it because I walked right by EJ's yesterday and wondered by people were faffing about outside.....never thought to look at the window.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aparrantly the Sligo Champion is switching to Tabloid format this week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Aparrantly the Sligo Champion is switching to Tabloid format this week.......
    Bout time I'd say..

.. they must be one of the only regional broadsheet papers still in circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

basquille wrote: »
    Bout time I'd say..

.. they must be one of the only regional broadsheet papers still in circulation.

theres still a few in circulation around the west and northwest, but it will certainly make it handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

irish-stew wrote: »
    theres still a few in circulation around the west and northwest, but it will certainly make it handier.

Let's hope the ink improves too and does not come off on your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I might even buy it now in tabloid. Too awkward in broadsheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Agreed,a prime example is how easy the Irish Independent is to read now that it's in tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Hi

Just to mention that the Sligo Spanish Society are starting Spanish classes in mid October, for beginners and improvers. Please PM me for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

27 (?) white crosses have appeared on the N4 between Castlebaldwin and Cloonamahon today.

Is this part of a campaign to highlight the fatalities which have happened on this awful stretch of road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I'd love to see something done with this road.

I used to take a right hand turn off this road every evening from Drumfin up the Ballymote road and would be watching the rear view mirror like a hawk. Twice I had to floor it forward instead of turning right to stop being rear ended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Slidey wrote: »
    I'd love to see something done with this road.

I used to take a right hand turn off this road every evening from Drumfin up the Ballymote road and would be watching the rear view mirror like a hawk. Twice I had to floor it forward instead of turning right to stop being rear ended

+1000

Drive this road on a regular basis, and so far I've been lucky, but have had a few close calls. Some people zone out on that road, and don't seem to see indicators, or note the speeds others are doing, and others seem to be so nervous they won't do more than 50/60kph, even on the good stretches. Just wish there was some sort of works to be done on the road, christ, even throw in a big roundabout at the Drumfin crossroads to try and slow people down or something!

Tbh, if even one of those crosses causes someone to slow down coming toward the crossroads, or that Ballymote turn, they're well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Someone has put up a cross on Kesh Corran (near Ballymote) right on the top above the Caves. Don't know how long it's been there but it looks rather odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

genie wrote: »
    Someone has put up a cross on Kesh Corran (near Ballymote) right on the top above the Caves. Don't know how long it's been there but it looks rather odd.

must be those pesky christians!!:P have seen it too would say awful rather than odd , would like to see it removed as it spoils the view , it has no reason to be there .

Advertisement