Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thing That Should Not Be as it was meant to be played.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

:) Wow, that video has it all... Cliff, Hefield with a King V, my favourite Hammett solo and Lars can actually play drums. That's so much more enjoyable than the new crap

"SOME KIND OF LOBSTERRRRRRRRR-AH"

James_MeLarge02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

get a hair cut ya hippies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    get a hair cut ya hippies :)

After you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

They always seem to play songs a bit fast back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nah!! Prefer the version they played on the last tour......slower, and a as heavy as f**k!!

They play it way too fast in that video....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Too fast? I don't understand.

I was only half watching this, but did the camera guy point it at his crotch for a good portion of it? ;/
    Still kicks incredible amounts of ass though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

****in' hell, who are those imposters going under the name of Metallica today? :D

I often ask myself that question a lot these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

That was beautiful...
    Talk about a band being a shadow of it's former self? Saw them 3 times in all.
    Justice, Black album and the last abomination. It's like watching a beloved old dog dying!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

that is awseome, the sorta performance that would leave bubbles in your blood from the vibrations at the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Glad you guys are enjoying it. It's a very nice find indeed, if you don't mind me saying so. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I just watched the 2006 performance of orion. Jesus christ. It was pathetic. I immediately had to watch this to get the horrible taste out of my mouth. Or mind. Trujilo, just stop right now. Youre not burton, you never will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiUmvLhzP3U

0ubliette wrote:
    Trujilo, just stop right now. Youre not burton, you never will be.

hahahaha, where did ya get that from? I would never have seen him as trying to be Burton

Beekay wrote:
    hahahaha, where did ya get that from? I would never have seen him as trying to be Burton
    I got it from his half assed attempt to play the intro to orion.

Playing a song written from when Burton was in the band does not mean he is trying to be Burton or that he wants to be him:rolleyes:

No Remorse 1983

Beekay wrote:
    Playing a song written from when Burton was in the band does not mean he is trying to be Burton or that he wants to be him:rolleyes:

No Remorse 1983

read my post :rolleyes: i never said he was trying to be burton :rolleyes: i just said he never could be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: rolleyes etc

0ubliette wrote:
    read my post :rolleyes: i never said he was trying to be burton :rolleyes: i just said he never could be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: rolleyes etc

Of course he couldn't, he has a completely different style to Burton. Whether you like his style is all personal opinion though. But he certainly doesn't lack the effort on the live stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

You can't tell if it's Cliff or Jason in that vid... I'm presuming it's Cliff based on Hetfields blonder hair & white runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Cliff died in 1986, that video is from 1987. I bought the following bootleg in Rhythm Records a good few years ago which has an excellent recording of "The thing that should not be", played exactly the same, it's class. Also from 1987.

aardshock.jpg

Advertisement