Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest end-of-game Boss u played against?

Options
  • 08-02-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

For me it was on the snes , the empire strikes back game aginst Darth Vadrer at the end , fu*kin impossible!

on a side note a game all round v hard prince of persia on the snes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

~Donkey Kong country, spent 3 weeks trying to beat him! In the end my saved game became corrupted and I never went back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Dammit ive been on this page for ages and i just cant think of WTF is the hardest or even the ones that gave me most trouble.

Emm Sonic 2? meh i cant think of any

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Does the Ready! Steady! Go! meteorite in Ouendan count? Because ive been trying to pass it on normal for a fortnight now and that triple spin section makes me lose every single time.
    Otherwise, I tend to be disapointed by end of game bosses, usually easier than the penultimate boss. I have however come across final levels - not necessarily bosses that are extremely difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Last boss in True Crime (guy on airport runway)... there are more but that one springs to mind instantly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Xaero from Q3 Arena on Nightmare, at the age of 12 I never knew so much frustration is my whole life up to that point :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That bastard at the end of Dynamite Headdy. The worst part was that it was down to luck if you beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sarevok.

Until of course I kinda cheated and used Summon Monster wands to zerg him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Does the Ready! Steady! Go! meteorite in Ouendan count? Because ive been trying to pass it on normal for a fortnight now and that triple spin section makes me lose every single time.
    GAH!
    I would've finished it by now as well if they didn't make you sit through that ****ing intro for 3 minutes before starting play each time:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Doa4 boss any any difficulty:mad: Feckin impossible espicially with the spartan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Super Punchout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

The final fight in god of war on god mode when you fight a multitude of kratos clones. it made baby jebus cry. controller throwing excruciating agony. never did finish it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

End of game boss in FFIX.

He had some random status effect attack on the whole party, I think ....potentially fatal, and very annoying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Doa4 boss any any difficulty:mad: Feckin impossible espicially with the spartan
    Yep, almost impossible to finish with spartan, and it sucks, cause spartan is pretty good int he game but just not fast enough. I almost broke my xbox controller the day i bought the console because of that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Zeed in the Revenge of Shinobi (Mega Drive)

Another one and not a boss as such, but the final level in Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360) was the most intense,difficult and brilliant 20 minutes I have ever played in a game. Hundreds of Nazi soldiers advancing on a small hilltop bunker that you and your squad are trying to protect. Emptying clip after clip in pure desperation as explosions go off around you and cover becomes scarce. Absolute brilliance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fecker at the end of Metroid Prime, and the final stages of Warhammer Fire Warrior, great game but got really tough at the end.
    Also pretty much all of Ikaruga, I will never ever sell it but I will always see it as a small disc shaped bully, mocking me from its shelf, the little git!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ikaruga, keeping myself from swallowing my tongue while in spasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

That boss at the end of Viewtiful Joe, absolute ba*&ard. I gave up eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'm gonna go with the boss at the end of true crime aswell he was unbelieveably hard.

the boss at the end of ninja gaiden was poxy too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That boss at the end of Viewtiful Joe, absolute ba*&ard. I gave up eventually

Fire Lord Leo was harder than the last boss. Not only was he tough to figure out but even when you did he was a complete bastard to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

KOTOR1, hard enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kenny 5 wrote:
    KOTOR1, hard enough.

Can't say I agree, I made bits of him first time, didn't break much of a sweat either.

This isn't a final boss, but the Dark Aeon versions of Cindy, Sandy and Mindy in FFX, or Penance. Ouch. Never beat the girls, so never got a chance at Penance.

Alpha-152 is tough but in my ignorance I think Shao Kahn is tougher in terms of fighting game bosses. Didn't stop my housemate from ending him in 2 rounds while I watched in disbelief of course :o Guess I suck balls at UMK3

Alpha-152 is tough but in my ignorance I think Shao Kahn is tougher in terms of fighting game bosses. Didn't stop my housemate from ending him in 2 rounds while I watched in disbelief of course :o Guess I suck balls at UMK3

Dirty, cheap, rotten, cheating bosses like Shao Kahn don't count for me. Bosses should be tough but beatable with skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I remember the final level in Streets of Rage (2) maybe was very tough. Every enemy on the level was a boss from a previous level then there was some form of freak at the end who was extremely difficult.

I haven't finished GoW yet either but haven't given it much time to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What about that guy in the wheelchair at the end of Final Fight? It's been a long time, but he used to drive me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

M.Bison in SFII on max difficulty was a kind of a pain.

As mentioned before The 3 girls in FFX and penance of course!

I never beat one dark aeon let alone get to the sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Some of the hardest boss fights for me include:

1) Primagen (Turok 2) - So many attacks, you'd think some of the crazy weapons in that game would've been effective.

2) Mizar (Jet Force Gemini) - Confined to a tiny plaform, with missiles and claws coming at me from all angles. After rescuing all those damn bears, I was hoping for reasonable final boss.

3) Solidus on Extreme (MGS2) - I spent hours trying to beat this guy. I learnt all his attack patterns, but it still took a crazy amount of effort.

4) Akuma (SS2T) - I got to fight him when I was a kid, he slaughtered me utterly! I can't remember ever beating him. If I had, I'm pretty sure I'd remember the joy that would've followed...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

the mofo at the end of Gods by the bitmap brothers on Atari St. I tired so many many times to beat him and came so close but he always killed me in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

M.Bison in SFII on max difficulty was a kind of a pain.

Oh man how right you are. It always annoyed me how far away he could be from you and still perform a throw grrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

RuggieBear wrote:
    the mofo at the end of Gods by the bitmap brothers on Atari St. I tired so many many times to beat him and came so close but he always killed me in the end.

I feel your pain -

Not an end of game boss but to get through the last section of far cry on hardest took me about 70 tries... the volcano bit with all the big mutants.

Advertisement