Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving rented property

Options
  • 08-02-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi
    My lease is up in July and we will be leaving our house then. Im asking any landlords out there, the house is painted cream throughout and due to our two kids the stairway etc is grubby. is it up to us to repaint or would you see this as average wear and tear. also kitchen table had small marking from rogue forks, nothing v visible but they r there. What im really asking i suppose is what do you call average wear and tear after 1 yr lease and is the tenant responsible for painting etc?
    My landlord lives in England and havent seen here since we moved in last July so cant really judge by her

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jih2000

I would personally take photos of anything that you think looks a bit grubby as they might try to pull a fast one. I always take photos of the house upon leaving! Like some of the other board members have said, its easy to take them to a small claims court if they try anything unreasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Make sure it is clean and tidy, some wear and tear is to be expected. As regard hand prints, see if they can be washed off (use a soft damp cloth is a discreet area to test the paint first, some paints are water soluble). At worst, you can buy a tin of paint for under 20 euro.

Advertisement