Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you help figure out whats wrong?

Options
  • 08-02-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Cherokee 2000. I try to start it and all that happens is a ticking noise, it won't turn over. Everything on the dash comes on except the radio? Yesterday I paid 185 for a new IAC motor and a T-gasket -they told me it was fixed. This morning it would not start. Any suggestions

The wierd thing is it started yesterday but would turn off if i didn't have the gas pressed down, then it ran fine when i started it later that day over to the service station. And now this morning it (again) wont turn over at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My guess is your battery's flat. The ticking noise is the starter solenoid. Try jump starting it, it should be fine. Your next step should be to bring it back to the garage that did the work though, to see why the battery went flat and to have the other issue looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yup, flat battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll third the flat battery diagnosis................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Also worth checking is the starter relay in the box by the battery, if you swop around the relays (making sure they're the same type) it should start. I had one of those heaps a few years ago and it cost me a fortune. Look out for problems with the ringgear for the starter and the transfer box for the 4 wheel drive.

Advertisement