Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bobby Robson on Joe Duffy Today

• 08-02-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

See topic! He's speaking on Talk to Joe now, some funny stuff - he mentioned previous manager of Ireland - John Kerr...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

And some player called Nigel Crouch.

In fairness, he sounds like a very sick individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah he shouldnt really be on there. Stan obviously hasnt the balls to go on and hear the truth.

Now theres some muppet who called in saying we are doing alright!!!! We will be better when we have all our players back!!! Blind fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yup, Fair play to Bobby for getting on and taking the abuse /calls. Wouldnt see that motherfacker Delaney on. The humongous piece of **** he is. FUCK off already Delaney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Joe said they asked the FAI for Delaney or Stan and they refused. Offered Bobby instead. Cowards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So he's not the Gaffer then when things get tough.

As for Delaney I don't think I have the words to express the disgust I feel for this mans inability to do his job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

:D Joe Duffy asking Sir Bobby is he has Stan on speed dial. This is like something straight out of Apres Match. Some good points being made on the show though and poor Bobby is taking a lot of the flak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭sonofsam

anyone got a recording of this ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

My god he sounds so frail.. Im shocked.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is a disgrace actually.

The man is recovering from a stroke, he is 74 years of age.

This is the worst thing of the whole debacle. Treating this man like this.

Where the fúck is Delaney?

Where the fúck is Staunton?

Cowardly lowlifes to do this to a great elder statesman of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i feel sorry for bobby he doesn`t need this crap in his bad health

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I can't really feel to sorry for Robson that he's spinning the most intelligence insulting sh!te on the show over the past hour (on FAI's instructions obviously) but as the people on it now are saying he's been used as nothing but a puppet on strings for the FAI and I agree with this completely. Get out of the job Robson, its only going to hurt your health.

The fact Delaney and Staunton don't have the testicles to come on national air shows what pure incompetent assholes they are. Nothing but cowards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Check this out, someone taken it to wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Association_of_Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

county wrote:

ditto...

i actually think that the performance was shameful enough, but this is far worse, effectively putting a sick individual out to pasture... this is the lowest point of Irish soccer for me in a long long time. You have to say fair f*cks to Bobby for going ahead with it, i know i wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Before it gets taken down
    The Football Association of Ireland (FAI)Are a bunch of ****ing useless ***** that should be taken out and shot. Everything that they touch turns to ash. wheither it's the Eircom League, all the money that they blew after the 1990 & 1994 world Cups, the Building of Eircom Park, The Roy keane incident, The Sacking Of Brian Kerr after he did the best that he could right down to the Appiontment of a man without no managerial experience and who talks through his arse...Mr Steve Staunton! the organising body for the sport of association football (soccer) in the Republic of IrelandThey should appoint Dave Barry 'cause he is from Cork and knows all about winning. Doucha Davey Barry boy!. It should not be confused with the Irish Football Association (IFA), which is the organising body for the sport in Northern Ireland which is full of dirty ****in huns and snakes just like Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

sonofsam wrote:
    anyone got a recording of this ??

liveline is available for podcast download at the following link (already includes todays show):
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

jAH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

county wrote:

Agreed. Staunton and Delaney should be ashamed of themselves.

If you were to look up the word cowrads in the dictionary, you'd see there names there

As has been said before, he is a 74 year old who has just recovered from a stroke. For Delaney or Staunton to let him go on the show and take their place is disgraceful - so much for courage, a topic Staunton seems to speak about often :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

seansouth wrote:
    This is a disgrace actually.

The man is recovering from a stroke, he is 74 years of age.

This is the worst thing of the whole debacle. Treating this man like this.

Where the fúck is Delaney?

Where the fúck is Staunton?

Cowardly lowlifes to do this to a great elder statesman of the game.

agreed, pair of cowards, The trouble is that staunton will only cry if the media or fans give him abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

The entire show was just an hour or so of ramblings, people trying to vent their frustration but couldn't vent it at anyone that would have accountability for the situation, ie Staunton, Delaney
    Then there were the people defending poor Bobby, no one made him come on, he might be old but he knows the story and the criticism that was about to come his way, no real sympathy for him.
    Then the muppets that know nothing about soccer, saying its only a game... we won didn't we...
    There was never a stream of intelligent debate, they should screen their callers a bit better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bobby gets caught out:
    http://media.putfile.com/Robson-17

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement