Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Image Do You Think Works Better?

Options
  • 08-02-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not employed as a web designer but it's fallen to me to 'jazz' up our website as the director's feel it's a little flat looking. They constantly harp on about one off items so I'm going to give them a Manager's Special section. The below is just a very quick rough draft, which image do you feel looks better?
    Grumpy Man - I think there is a bit of humour in here, he doesn't look pleased at having to do some deals
    Smiling Guy - I can't say anything positive about this, but they didn't like the grumpy guy so......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Both are pretty bad IMO.

The grumpy manager looks cold and calculating as if he's saying "Hmmm, I wonder if I put all the crap that isn't selling into a specials category would the fools buy it..."

The second guy looks like he's laughing at all the banners/graphics that he's going to look out-of-place in.
    "You mean they're going to put me in a managers specials banner? Aaahahaha, I'm faaar too good looking to be a manager."

Out of the two, I'd say the grumpy one... but ideally there'd be an option number three.
    Why don't you ask the manager himself to be in the banner? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Oh I know they are both crap, but it's just for a mock-up. It's really just to let them see that they can use some of the wasted space on their homepage for something else.

I mentioned to the manager about getting a shot of his mug for the banner but he seemed less than keen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Mr. Grumpy's the better of the two.

Advertisement