Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genesis

• 08-02-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭

On this dark day in Irish football could someone tell me any positives that Genesis report actually accomplished ?
    and more importantly how much did it cost , cause I think things have got worse since Keanes spat with McCarthy in Saipan .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

It proved Roy Keane was right firstly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Was thinking the same thing today.
    Remember having heated arguments with my friends about how Keane should not of walked out during the World Cup etc etc and an argument in Keanes defence was that his decision will improve Irish soccer for years to come on every level, things seem to be going down hill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Was thinking the same thing today.
    Remember having heated arguments with my friends about how Keane should not HAVE walked out during the World Cup etc etc and an argument in Keanes defence was that his decision will improve Irish soccer for years to come on every level, things seem to be going down hill...
    In fairness to Keane, all he did was highlight the issues.
    It's not his fault that the idiots are still there and nothing much has changed.
    Its really up to the fans to highlight their discontent with the whole setup this time.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

kippy wrote:
    In fairness to Keane, all he did was highlight the issues.
    It's not his fault that the idiots are still there and nothing much has changed.
    Its really up to the fans to highlight their discontent with the whole setup this time.
    Kippy

Ok, I think Keane should not have walked...:rolleyes: sad...

On topic, was just trying to say that what Keane did has changed nothing, I know there is alot more to it but it just seems that it was done in vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Merge fully with the FAI **** Oh god we fcuked
    Gives the League the benefits of operating under one operational entity; increases in marketing and sponsorship benefits and benefits for football as a whole **** 400K total to be spent on Marketting EL
    Change management structure running the League ***Yes STFU or we fine you
    Existing 22 strong Management Committee to be reduced to 8 person ***FAU power Struggle
    Executive Board with outside representation *** cover their arses
    Revamp League structures *** Promote anyone screw limerick
    National League of 10 teams with two regional Leagues (10 teams each) with under 18 and under 21 regional Leagues and links to schoolboys ***already in place pre genisis
    Create mandatory participation agreements ** Dundalk eh?
    Based on the principle of a contract, clubs will be invited to apply for membership of the league and must sign the participation agreement and be bound by its contents which will be strongly linked to the club licensing scheme ** Eh Eh Maxi ???

Prioritise investment in facilities development *** HAHHAHAHAHA
    Investment should be prioritized on the clubs with clear strategic plans and should deliver a range of high quality, family friendly stadia. HAHHAHAHAH
    Dublin clubs will be encouraged to consider ground-sharing if they are to attract significant public funds for investment. ***** HAHAHHAHAHA
    Step change in approach to marketing
    The league should be re-branded and re-launched as part of a fully revised marketing strategy. *** Oh yes go see Shels play 1 a side,cant wait for the ads.
    Improve club administration **** Stuey Byrne are you registered???
    Clubs must be managed to high levels of professionalism to raise the overall standards operating with long-term plans***** HAHHAHAHAH ****ING HAHAHAHHAHAH
    Introduce wage controls ****For some
    Mandatory wage control mechanism should be put in place for all clubs within the National League limiting spending to a maximum of 65% of turnover on players’ wages and costs. This should be monitored and enforced rigorously *** oh sweet god the pain from laughing hurts.
    Create clear development structures ***Get more mates FAI jobs, Fran Rooney ?
    Incorporating coaching, training and underage structures***i would never have thought of that.
    Invest heavily in community links** By moving Dublin clubs outside their communites, and killing limerick.
    Much stronger links needed to grow the game. League club to act as pinnacle of football in an area.*** tee hee

Yes i really cant wait for the EL to start, the fixtures not out yet as they dont know who will be in it. FAI ftw!!!!!!

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

KdjaCL wrote:
    Yes i really cant wait for the EL to start, the fixtures not out yet as they dont know who will be in it. FAI ftw!!!!!!

kdjac

I was hoping someone could quote a positive from Genesis !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thebaz wrote:
    I was hoping someone could quote a positive from Genesis !

It got Delaney a job so umm positive for him?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

The Genesis Report is a case study in using consulting firms to at best look like you're doing something, and at worst to push through policies you've already made up your mind on.
    Take groundsharing: Genesis admitted that they were told by the Dept of Sport to put this in. They duly did so, with around 150 words of rationale. After that, it was cited as gospel by every half-wit who thought it made sense for Bohemian FC to share Dalymount Part (value €65) with Shelbourne FC (value -€12M) on a 50-50 basis. They almost got away with that, and in the end got away with letting Dalymount Park become apartments.
    In addition, the figures it cited for comparing football attendances with those of other sports have been thoroughly discredited elsewhere.
    More on this

Advertisement