Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riquelme gone back to Boca

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Because Pirlo is one of the most similar players to Naka in Europe. It doesn't matter what position they play. Pirlo and Nakamura are playmakers. Not players that take the opposition players on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Both their roles may be playmaker but their positions are different, no? Pirlo (like Xabi Alonso) constantly sits in front of defence spraying the ball about.

Whereas Nakamura (admittedly, I don't see him play too often) plays a much more advanced role on the right and is constantly roaming about ?

edit/ actually, forget what i said, i re-read your post regarding their positions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nakamura played left side and central before coming to Celtic. Strachan was the first to put him on the right side of midfield

There's no comparing Kaka and Nakamura. They're completely different players. You said "if he is that good he should be tearing these teams apart, right?"

Kaka can tear teams apart. Ronaldinho can tear teams apart. Ronaldo can tear teams apart.

Nakamura is nothing like those players.

He's extremely intelligient, excellent positional sense, excellent passer, very creative, excellent technique. Pirlo and Naka are the same type of players. They don't rip teams apart.

All I'm saying is you don't seem to see Nakamura the way the rest of us see him and the tearing teams apart comment backs that up.

Anyway, here's a few posts from Milan fans:
    February '05

Although without Pirlo playing for Milan, I saw Nakamura played very similar to him for Reggina. His long passes are so fast and accurate. He also has the technique to possess the ball around some Milan players. We should look at this Japanese boy. He *may* become the next Pirlo. :D

Same person in another thread:

As I mentioned in Reggina's game topic, I saw Nakamura, midfield of Reggina, played very similar to Pirlo. Anyone notice him also? The main differences are he plays mainly on left side and uses left foot, and have good footwork which Pirlo is lacking. He made many good passes in that game. As I know, he almost kick all free kicks although he doesn't play all the time.
    another Milan fan on another forum discussing this with me a few months ago:

One thing though, about playing Pirlo's role. You'd be surprised how little of the "Roy Keane" qualities Pirlo has. He's not actually at all agressive, nor is he determined (in the sense you are referring to of course), lacks strength also and isn't a great tackler. However, he has a player who compliments these qualities perfectly in Rino Gattuso (who I'm sure you won't be a big fan of ). Pirlo is a leader in that he is able to be a leader on the field with his play, literally commanding the game. I personally think Nakamura could have possibly played this role (maybe it's a bit late now for him to change position), because he has shown vision, technique, control (he often dominates Celtic games), great distribution and intelligence. I'm not saying he's definately suited to this position (hard to tell until I see it), but I would have liked to have seen someone try it.

Pirlo and Naka are the exact same type of player. What Naka lacks in strength he has with his fantastic footwork. Of course they play in different positions but they're similar players and neither of them have the ability to tear teams apart. That's left to the likes of McGeady at Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nakamura is a playmaker but doesnt play the style of Pirlo, Kaka or Ronaldinho. He has a style of his own because of his physique. Knowing his limitations is a strength of his

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

there is a nakamura thread you know :p

• Advertisement

ziggy67 wrote:
    Eirebhoy i said he would be able to tear apart if he is as good as you say he is. See the difference.

The fact that Nakamura is an attacking midfielder and you admit he can't do the things that Kaka & Ronaldinho proves the point i was making all along. He is not world class.
    Ah jaysus I give up. :D

He's a playmaker, a world class playmaker imo. Without him Celtic would be screwed to be brutally honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

And all this is relative to Riquelme, how exactly?
    :rolleyes:

People can talk about Riquelme if they wish.

Advertisement