Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Delaney on The Last Word

• 08-02-2007 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Sometime this evening
    Text the show on 53102

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

this should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ha ha ha :D

get the popcorn out :)

bobby robson on aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

He is a politician, wont get much out of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Mix and Blend, he keeps saying that, he is some fool, and he admitted they are trying to make Stan a good manager with Robson on board.

and thinks its a world class setup ( experienced player and experienced coach)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

robson doesnt sound well, but he's got the party line right anyway!

"We controlled the game"

so what..............its fcking San Marino........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

So far.. reading between the lines I've heard "I didnt hire Stan, the committee did".. and I dont like being criticised after each match, please stop.

So.. Bobby had done 2 radio programmes today (an old man who doesn't need this cráp), John Delaney the waster is waffling around the issue on this one,

.... Wheres..... Da Gyaffor? In bed sucking his thumb I reckon.

Ya know what.. this is all going to blow over and they'll get away with it. The FAI wont sack him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Listening to Bobby Robson in all of this just makes me sad.

Well that was great !

Borat Pause...

NOT!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Yeah I felt sorry for him.

Matt Cooper fairly layed into him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Stan should go on the Late Late show....

Face the nation, take questions, phonecalls, sort it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

I feel sorry for Bobby, he doesnt sound well and he has contradicted himself on the performance. But Delaney takes the biscuit - Matt Cooper should have asked for his resignation

cooper was very weak tbh,imagine if dunphy still did the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

county wrote:
    cooper was very weak tbh,
    I don't agree. He had me cringing at some of the questions to Robson as I knew he was having difficulty answering.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't agree. He had me cringing at some of the questions to Robson as I knew he was having difficulty answering.
    ok take your point but attacking the sick pensioner and not delaney,the real man in question atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Robson should have refused to go on, he did an hour on Liveline, that was too much.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i thought cooper did a good job, better to be tough than easy.
    can't believe robson is being rolled out to defend everything, why isn't
    stan doing any of this?
    he picks the sides, he should explain the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Loved it when at the end of grilling Bobby, Matt says thank you blah blah, "we'll take the traffic, well actually we'll take a break instead"

Priceless. They should have asked Matt for his resignation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Delaney is going to be on 6 one news on RTE 1 in a moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

on now - the guy is so far up his own *** it is unbelievable.

"we won the game...blah blah balh...we won the game..."blah blah blah...we won the game"

fuppin neck on him like a jockeys bollix !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

didnt hear todayfm but dobson on rte news done a good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I just watched John Delaney on RTE2.

He was asked what happened to the world class manager we were promised.
    Ans: Was simply that we have a manager who played in 3 world cups and has so many caps and Bobby Robson who has over 55 years experience in management :confused: .

he also went on to talk about the under 21's and stadium etc. If this continues there wont be much left.

I can staunton either been sacked or leaving when we lose are next 2 games at croke park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Listening to Bobby Robson in all of this just makes me sad.

Agreed.

The fact that staunton can't brave the fans/media is even lamer than our performance last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"..make an international manager" *shakes head* How much is Delaney paid? I do feel sorry for Robson like others have mentioned.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that link eirebhoy. I enjoyed hearing Cooper grill Delaney, but as was said wish that Robson hadn't gone on for his own health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

love the way he keeps telling us he has travelled the world supporting ireland, he said it 2 or 3 times on rte news

love the way he keeps telling us he has travelled the world supporting ireland, he said it 2 or 3 times on rte news

FAI expense account?

Yeah at our expense. Judging from that performance we are stuck with him unless the board of FAI grow some balls and push him.

LOL World Class management team, wtf is that muppet kidding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I don't see why Bobby is being wheeled out to defend last nights performance. Of all the staff involved in Stan's disastrous reign, Robson, seriously ill for most of it, is the least culpable. What input can he really have had - either positive or negative - in the two or so games he was fit for.

If Staunton had any leadership qualities ('the buck stops here') or strength of character, he would stand up and face his critics - stare them down or, in a act of genuine contrition, admit it was a horrid performance. Instead, his silence remains total. All that breaks this void is the weak and crackling voice of an ailing and dothering old man trying to explain away Staunton's material inadequacies. Now that fact, beyond the result, is a sad and dare I say shameful reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suspect the On The Ball boyos (Newstalk) will have something to add to this as of 7 pm.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I just watched John Delaney on RTE2.

He was asked what happened to the world class manager we were promised.
    Ans: Was simply that we have a manager who played in 3 world cups and has so many caps and Bobby Robson who has over 55 years experience in management :confused: .

he also went on to talk about the under 21's and stadium etc. If this continues there wont be much left.

I can staunton either been sacked or leaving when we lose are next 2 games at croke park.

and on today fm he said the same " we have a world class team' managing hired by the commitee etc etc ...

Christ watching Stans press conference from last night, he is lost totally and utterly lost.

They would be doing him a favour by removing him, he is not cut out for the job !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheJesusWarrant

Well it looks like it's a repeat of the aftermath of the Holland and Cyprus games, alot of huffing and puffing but no mobs with torches outside FAI headquarters, which I'm as guilty of as anyone else. What's wrong with us? All's forgiven Stan, "for the good of the team" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

You know, the only two organisations I hear continually using the term "World class" in the vain hope that someone will actually believe them are the FAI and HSE. Neither of which inspire any confidence at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Wheres that Dundalk fan?

The nut house?

• Advertisement

Wheres that Dundalk fan?

The nut house?
    probably in a drunken state with pighead somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

county wrote:
    probably in a drunken state with pighead somewhere

They'll be planning something good so. I am sure the wheels of thought will start turning after the 10th pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How much is Bobby Robson being paid? The reason I ask is because people keep on saying "poor man" "at his age" "on the phone twice" etc., etc. Isn't he getting paid very well to make these appearances? And wasn't a big part of the reason for him being hired was to have him doing all the PR stuff? I'm as fustrated as the next man that Stan didn't do any of the interviews, but what's the point? He'll only make a fool of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

bobby was hired, according to John Delany, to help Stan become a "world class" manager was he not? Stan is big enough to do his own PR and stand up for HIS teams performances...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Call_me_al wrote:
    bobby was hired, according to John Delany, to help Stan become a "world class" manager was he not? Stan is big enough to do his own PR and stand up for HIS teams performances...
    Fair enough, that is what he said yesterday but at the time of his appointment I was under the impression that a big part of his duty would be to do PR and lets' face it he does a better job of it than the other 2 clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

I thought Kerr was out of his depth but Stan is completely lost. Poor old Robbo cant walk away because he would be seen as a sign he didnt support Stan even if Bobby hasnt really got the strenght to go on.

I was mad watching Delaney on RTE News, he is such a plug - he will have to go with Stan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Delaney kept saying we are 3rd in the group it made me madder everytime he said it until somone pointed out we had seven points from 5 games (more played than anyone else) 6 of which were against San Marino and 3 of those we were lucky to get, he didn't mention it after that.

Advertisement