Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Programme '07

Options
  • 08-02-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

I got my application form today, plenty of interesting courses, would kill for astronomy to be changed to session 2. Something noticeable was the question whether or not you'd be prepared to share a room or not. I assume that means sharing a single bedroom with another person staying in a camp bed, I did that before in '05, had two lovely room-mates thus, I said I didn't mind. My choices are;

Philosophy (session 2)
    Novel writing (session 2)
    Psychology (session 2)
    Speech Therapy (session 2)

The only ones I'd be interested in really are my first and second choices. Hopefully I'll get Philosophy. I'm kinda confident that they give Nevermores their first choice (unless completely necessary not to.) Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think my sister's gonna go for either journalism, international relartions or novel writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

1. Writing for Life, S1
    2: Astronomy and Psychology, both S1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

Speech Therapy

Criminology
    Novel Writing
    Psychology

All Sess2

I assume that means sharing a single bedroom with another person staying in a camp bed

Of course, it could mean sharing a single bedroom with another person sleeping in the proper bed, and oneself in the camp bed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Or alternatively it could mean both, if you switch halfway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I slept on a campbed for two weeks once, there is no amount of money you could ever, ever pay me to repeat the experience. Those things suck hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Mine wasn't so bad, that one year. We also rotated every like 5 days so it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

would kill for astronomy to be changed to session 2.

If you want to do it so much why not go to session 1. It wouldn't kill you.:confused:

The camp bed's not too bad, what's annoying is the lack of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Raphael wrote:
    Or alternatively it could mean both, if you switch halfway.
    CHANGE PLACES!
    Piste wrote:
    The camp bed's not too bad, what's annoying is the lack of space.
    I offered you may bed when I left for the day or two in 04. Then you and Treasa didn't notice I was gone. Did wonders for my self-esteem. -.-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

carlowboy wrote:
    If you want to do it so much why not go to session 1. It wouldn't kill you.:confused:

There's no point going into why not.
    I slept on a campbed for two weeks once, there is no amount of money you could ever, ever pay me to repeat the experience. Those things suck hard.

They're not ideal and reasonably uncomfortable but unless your's was a bed of hay or of similar quality they're not that bad. As Liz said it's the lack of space which is a pain and getting up in the morning you tend to be on top of each other, but I liked it because it meant I made friends with two room-mates.

JenLorigan wrote:
    CHANGE PLACES!

I offered you may bed when I left for the day or two in 04. Then you and Treasa didn't notice I was gone. Did wonders for my self-esteem. -.-

You left for a few days during 04? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There's no point going into why not.

They're not ideal and reasonably uncomfortable but unless your's was a bed of hay or of similar quality they're not that bad. As Liz said it's the lack of space which is a pain and getting up in the morning you tend to be on top of each other, but I liked it because it meant I made friends with two room-mates.

Mine was prone to imploding, several times a night. I'm a rather portly gent and all, but for fúck's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Ah yes... the good old collapsing camp bed. Many a great story of not being able to get up in the morning come from that one piece of humor.

[edit] Also, my first choice will probably be Spec Fic.
    Third time lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Mine was prone to imploding, several times a night. I'm a rather portly gent and all, but for fúck's sake!

Lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I'm going for Novel Writing, Spec Fic and Philosophy. Only I don't know which order yet. And all ses 2. I wish Drama was in ses 2 again, I'd love to do it...

Disclaimer- nothing against ses 1, my aunt's coming home while it's on.

Philosophy is definitely something you should try, and if this is your last year I'd strongly recommend putting it down as your first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Piste wrote:
    Philosophy is definitely something you should try, and if this is your last year I'd strongly recommend putting it down as your first choice.

But I could always do the correspondance course in Philosophy next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

From what I've heard, the philosophy correspondance course consists of writing a lot of essays. And little else.

From what I've heard, the philosophy correspondance course consists of writing a lot of essays. And little else.

Um, they all do, that's what correspondence courses consist of.

• Advertisement

JenLorigan wrote:
    Then you and Treasa didn't notice I was gone. Did wonders for my self-esteem.
    Piste wrote:
    You left for a few days during 04? :confused:
    I hate you.

But...when did you leave? And why? Sure I notice your absence NOW, when you go away I email you and you email me about tiny pretentious New Yorkese doggies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

I hate campbeds, there an odd distance from the gounds, somewhere between a futon and a bed. I didn't trust it because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

Hey all! it's probably quite literally been years since I've been on here but i'm baaa-aaack!
    But I could always do the correspondance course in Philosophy next year...

-You'd be positively mad to think that'd be ANYTHING like the wonders of philosophy with fiAchra in sess 2, am i right piste? Jeb? BEST YEAR EVER, an experience not to be missed.
    I only had a camp bed one year, my first, but it was grand. I think it's ok so long's you get on with your roomie.

And Jen, if it helps, i VAGUELY recollect you leaving in 04 for a bit! <3
    PS, does this mean we won't get to talk for 5 years now?? CURSES!!!

Nah cos it's the internet the not-seeing-you-ever thng isn't as bad, now that you've posted we wont see eachother for 2.5 years :p

Yeah Philosophy was an awesome year, the correspondance course just wouldn't compare to it, there'd be no crazy class discussions for one thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Thursday* wrote:
    Um, they all do, that's what correspondence courses consist of.
    You don't say so. Jesus, I never knew.

The point I was making is what Piste said - no class discussions. Which, from what I've heard from people who have done Philosophy, is one of the better parts of it.

You don't say so. Jesus, I never knew.

The point I was making is what Piste said - no class discussions. Which, from what I've heard from people who have done Philosophy, is one of the better parts of it.

Oh, absolutely. I've done it, and it is.

And yeah, the correspondence course might be great as a correspondence course, but it would be a completely different animal to the class, as you say.

Piste: I left on the evening of the first Thursday, back on the saturday evening. (And those dogs were kind of ridiculous. Dogs should not be fashion accessories).

Cat: <3

Everyone concerned: Philosophy > you. Do it if at all possible.

Advertisement